It Came from the Chimera Thread!
#21 22-09-2018 
(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  What? When I said "I blame the PT replacement mod," could you not hear the tongue firmly embedded in my cheek?

Of course I could! But it was more fun to just ignore that! Why don't you blame THAT on your PT replacement mod? Tongue

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Dude. That is totally a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Era Science Officer uniform, late 2360's to 2370's!

Which is BORING! With a few color changes, everyone in Starfleet walks around in something similar!

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Kirk would never have tolerated this crap. Tongue

No, of course he would not... He's seen more stupid garb changes than anyone should ever be subjected to. \And most of it was so extremely ridiculous!

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Because Star Trek! That is the only reason you need. Big Grin

Within the Star Trek confines, that is hardly sufficient!

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  But you *could* have selected the 'bob' as a hair for that space outfit and still give her different hairs for when she's NOT in her helmet.
I could have, if Sims had more than one Everyday outfit. I ended up ditching the helmet and the Hazard Team gear; they're all under the Headwear accessories like the eyeglasses are, so even when Benne changed to her gym clothes and started performing Tai Chi, she'd still be wearing that helmet. So the helmet had to go.

OK, I'll let that one slide...

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Why do so many Simmy stuff makers put earrings under the Headwear and eyeglasses menu? Isn't there a way for them to put custom-made earrings under Earrings and under Jewelry where they belong? Confused

I guess it's because those creators can not be bothered to figure out the difference. And those same creators are the ones who protect their 'creations' with terms of use that forbid publishing stuff that uses their content. It they didn't do that, others would correct their stupid chimpanzee-projectiles, and soon their downloads would be ignored in favour of better ones.

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Leave T'Pol out of this... She deserves better! Benne looks NOTHING like T'Pol.
Whoa, now! I wasn't comparing Benne to T'Pol in any way. You said that Benne looked Vulcan, inferring that Vulcan appearances are somehow unappealing. T'Pol was my counterargument to that bold claim. Tongue

I'm sure I made a very clear reference to the BORING aspect of how MOST Vulcans look. Which you, for this special occasion, chose to ignore Tongue

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Hardly distinguishable from *Romulans* (yes, that was meant as an insult). I've seen better looking Klingons!
I haven't! Klingons look like a a Mongolian [fornicated with] a horseshoe crab, then sprayed the baby with rabies and took a ball peen hammer to its face. Or are we talking about Captain-Kirk-era Klingons? Those guys didn't look so bad. Too bad they went bust and got replaced with the new Klingons, so your claim is invalid. Tongue

Either the new, or the new-new Klingons don't even factor in my Startrek universe. I rather see the TNG/DS9 Klingons! There were a few rather enjoyable figures among those. At least, they weren't as boring to behold as most Vulcans of the same era. There were even some Klingon females that I would not feel bad being seen with. (Although I would be ashamed of my own appearance next to them) Tongue

(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  And no, we're definitely not talking about the new new Klingons.
<...snipped...>
That way lies madness. O_O

Agreed! That stuff was just SICK!

#22 22-09-2018 
(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Of course I could! But it was more fun to just ignore that! Why don't you blame THAT on your PT replacement mod? Tongue
I already did. Tongue

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Which is BORING! With a few color changes, everyone in Starfleet walks around in something similar!
Our modern-day Armed Forces uniforms are even more indistinguishable from each other, but that doesn't stop them from being sexy! Back when I was stationed at Keesler Air Force Base for my TTS, the local stupid, inbred young Mississippian punks used to rove the beaches of Biloxi in gangs, looking for airmen, seamen and Marines to beat up. Why? Because we were fresh out of Boot Camp and very horny, we kept romancing their fat, inbred sows (or whatever it is that passes for young women down there) despite their missing teeth and skin diseases, and we'd take the Mississippian sows with us when we'd PCS out of there, depleting Biloxi's female population considerably. So the troglodytic Mississippian boys were either insanely jealous of us, desperate to protect a dwindling resource that we were plundering, or both.

Imagine if we airmen had worn Starfleet uniforms. We'd have to beat the women off of us with broomsticks! Big Grin

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  No, of course he would not... He's seen more stupid garb changes than anyone should ever be subjected to. \And most of it was so extremely ridiculous!
So...James T. Kirk (in his prime) somehow meets Deanna Troi and her wacky clothes. What happens next? Big Grin

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Within the Star Trek confines, that is hardly sufficient!
So were the reasons for half the things that Q did. But people don't give him guff over it. Wink

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
(22-09-2018 12:53 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Why do so many Simmy stuff makers put earrings under the Headwear and eyeglasses menu? Isn't there a way for them to put custom-made earrings under Earrings and under Jewelry where they belong? Confused
I guess it's because those creators can not be bothered to figure out the difference. And those same creators are the ones who protect their 'creations' with terms of use that forbid publishing stuff that uses their content. It they didn't do that, others would correct their stupid chimpanzee-projectiles, and soon their downloads would be ignored in favour of better ones.
If I could code a script that wasn't related to Neverwinter Nights, I wouldn't mind ignoring their narcissistic demands and putting their earrings under Jewelry -> Earrings anyway. What are they going to do, sue me? For what? Tongue

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I'm sure I made a very clear reference to the BORING aspect of how MOST Vulcans look. Which you, for this special occasion, chose to ignore Tongue
"Boring" is just a specific kind of "unappealing". I stand by my words. Cool

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Either the new, or the new-new Klingons don't even factor in my Startrek universe. I rather see the TNG/DS9 Klingons! There were a few rather enjoyable figures among those. At least, they weren't as boring to behold as most Vulcans of the same era. There were even some Klingon females that I would not feel bad being seen with. (Although I would be ashamed of my own appearance next to them) Tongue
Eh, I'll grant that Klingons have some slight, nebulous measure of sexiness to them. Otherwise, this video would not exist:

That tune is now stuck in your head. Enjoy! Big Grin

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Agreed! That stuff was just SICK!
But on the other hand, we got to see Benedict Cumberbatch in action again (and carry most of Into Darkness' weight on his elegant shoulders). That man could star in a remake of Killer Klowns from Outer Space and spin it into gold. Big Grin

#23 23-09-2018 
(22-09-2018 10:29 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  No, of course he would not... He's seen more stupid garb changes than anyone should ever be subjected to. \And most of it was so extremely ridiculous!
So...James T. Kirk (in his prime) somehow meets Deanna Troi and her wacky clothes. What happens next? Big Grin

Wacky, yeah! But not BORING. The majority of the time, at least, she wasn't wearing the omni-present Starfleet uniform. I know why uniforms are there, they're meant to create unity in the ranks. I get it. But in my opinion, it also makes people into mass production sausages.

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Within the Star Trek confines, that is hardly sufficient!
So were the reasons for half the things that Q did. But people don't give him guff over it. Wink

Well, consider me to be NOT people! As in, I *do* give him guff over it. What the hump is so enlightened and wonderful about a race of idiots who keep interfering with other races, and never honor the social graces but simply blink in whenever the hump they want? Rude hind-quarter orifices! I think John de Lancie as a person is a fine guy, but his role as Q stuck at my craw more than once...

(22-09-2018 10:29 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  If I could code a script that wasn't related to Neverwinter Nights, I wouldn't mind ignoring their narcissistic demands and putting their earrings under Jewelry -> Earrings anyway. What are they going to do, sue me? For what? Tongue

They might order whatever place you uploaded your materials to, to remove your stuff and ban you! They would gain very little by it, except the saitsfaction that their stuff is again unique. I agree, that's petty. But that's how they roll: low by the ground.

(22-09-2018 08:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I'm sure I made a very clear reference to the BORING aspect of how MOST Vulcans look. Which you, for this special occasion, chose to ignore Tongue
"Boring" is just a specific kind of "unappealing". I stand by my words. Cool

Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of appeal, because it doesn't stand out. Tongue

(22-09-2018 10:29 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Eh, I'll grant that Klingons have some slight, nebulous measure of sexiness to them. Otherwise, this video would not exist:

That tune is now stuck in your head. Enjoy! Big Grin

Now you're assuming that I've played that video... Big Grin

(22-09-2018 10:29 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But on the other hand, we got to see Benedict Cumberbatch in action again (and carry most of Into Darkness' weight on his elegant shoulders). That man could star in a remake of Killer Klowns from Outer Space and spin it into gold. Big Grin

You think THAT guy is worth this alternate timeline reboot of what WAS originally so a great franchise? Only because the new owners couldn't imagine something new for Starfleet to sink their teeth in, they just rewrite the original story and leave not a single brick of the building in place. They've DEFILED Gene Roddenberry's legacy. Whatever one may say of Bennie CumberBAND's (hehehehe) charm, it doesn't compensate for that crime!

At least, that's how I feel about it.

#24 25-09-2018 
(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Well, consider me to be NOT people! As in, I *do* give him guff over it. What the hump is so enlightened and wonderful about a race of idiots who keep interfering with other races, and never honor the social graces but simply blink in whenever the hump they want? Rude hind-quarter orifices! I think John de Lancie as a person is a fine guy, but his role as Q stuck at my craw more than once...
Well, if you liked him as Q, you'll love him as Discord in MLP:FIM. Big Grin

(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  They might order whatever place you uploaded your materials to, to remove your stuff and ban you! They would gain very little by it, except the saitsfaction that their stuff is again unique. I agree, that's petty. But that's how they roll: low by the ground.
I wonder how easy it would be to make another Simmy download site, kind of like how some people did as part of the big backlash against That One Big, Ugly, "Resourceful" Sims Pay Site a few years back. "Hey! Hey, Pizzatron! This Captain Pirate guy took my crappy earrings and turned them into something great! I want you to delete Captain Pirate's upload and ban him!" "And I want you to take a long walk off a short pier, you self-important prig. You're a cheesebrain, your uploads are routinely half-baked, and the only reason why you get your half-baked uploads approved and hosted on That Other Site is because you know which butts to kiss and you kiss them shamelessly. So I'm with Captain Pirate on this one. He even credited you with making the original, which is all I ask of my uploaders...that and that they don't try to upload garbage. Now off to the pier with you."

(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of appeal, because it doesn't stand out. Tongue
He also stays perfectly cool under fire, thanks in part to his Vulcan dedication to logic and reason. I think cool-headed people stand out plenty. Wink

(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Now you're assuming that I've played that video... Big Grin
Of course you did. No one can resist the promise of singing Klingons. You see "Klingon Style," you Play it. No exceptions. Big Grin

(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  You think THAT guy is worth this alternate timeline reboot of what WAS originally so a great franchise? Only because the new owners couldn't imagine something new for Starfleet to sink their teeth in, they just rewrite the original story and leave not a single brick of the building in place. They've DEFILED Gene Roddenberry's legacy. Whatever one may say of Bennie CumberBAND's (hehehehe) charm, it doesn't compensate for that crime!

At least, that's how I feel about it.
No one's arguing against the idea that the new Abrams movies grate soundly against what Roddenberry built. So when I praise Cumberbatch's performance in "Into Darkness," I'm not praising the movie itself. It's like if I were to say, "Nazi Germany was the closest that the human race has ever come to building a perfect Hell on Earth. But at least it gave Albert Speer a chance to build some pretty impressive buildings." That's praise for Speer's talents as an architect, not for the Reich under which he worked (and nevermind that Speer was only able to build those buildings because Hitler was bankrolling him). So both examples would be me trying to pick a gold nugget out of a bucket of raw sewage, not trying to spin the sewage into gold.

Did I just invoke Godwin's Law? My bad. Tongue

#25 25-09-2018 
Re: The earrings... Can't they be changed with Wardrobe Wrangler? I think that's how I changed all of mine ('course that was years ago... now, I don't remember what I did.)

#26 25-09-2018 
(25-09-2018 12:48 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I wonder how easy it would be to make another Simmy download site, kind of like how some people did as part of the big backlash against That One Big... Now off to the pier with you."

Even a site owner isn't safe. If you can prove without a doubt that your creation predates whatever you want removed, and parts of it are used IN what you want removed, the site owner has little choice but to comply. Because if they don't, you still have the option to go right to their ISP and have THEM ban the site altogether! Now off the pier with you!!
And I promise you, those ISPs don't kid around!

(25-09-2018 12:48 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of appeal, because it doesn't stand out. Tongue
He also stays perfectly cool under fire, thanks in part to his Vulcan dedication to logic and reason. I think cool-headed people stand out plenty. Wink

Yeah, until you follow Archer, Kirk and Janeway a little closer, and see how they time and time again prove that Logic can be bent and manipulated to justify virtually anything. And most Vulcans *will* try to do so at any cost, as long as it suits their agenda.
Klingons, on the other hand, are a rather colorful bunch. Yeah, in the higher ranks, they've proven to be rather corrupt as well. That much I will give you. But they don't weasel out of anything...

(25-09-2018 12:48 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(23-09-2018 12:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Now you're assuming that I've played that video... Big Grin
Of course you did. No one can resist the promise of singing Klingons. You see "Klingon Style," you Play it. No exceptions. Big Grin

Perfect example of failing logic. Here's my rebuttal: I've tried a few things that had "GANGNAM STYLE" in the title, and had to turn them off almost immediately, because my sense of aestethics can not process it. Besides, virtually ALL that one finds on youtube, is too expensive. And that INCLUDES the free stuff! The should PAY us to listen to that excrement!

(25-09-2018 12:48 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Did I just invoke Godwin's Law? My bad. Tongue

Well, you DID use that movie as an argument to make a point, and I did NOT discredit Bennies value as an actor. Let's leave it there.
On the other hand, I did not enter into an argument about whatever the point was that you were trying to make. Maybe I didn't understand where you were going with it.

#27 25-09-2018 
[Image: BreakdancerChick01.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick02.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick03.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick04.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick05.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick06.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick07.jpg]

[Image: BreakdancerChick08.jpg]

Random breakdancer babe is too cute for words.

#28 27-09-2018 
Meanwhile, at the Fruityboo Farms and Dormitory dormitory...

So most college Sims get their Class Performance the hard way: Going to class, finishing assignments and term papers, group research and such. The more silver-tongued ones may instead go the route of seducing and dating their professors for easy grades. And then the distinctly persuasive and intellectual sorts who know which students to pal around with may find their way into a secret society and thereby learn the art of hacking their grades into something passable.

Kileighney — Romance/Knowledge sort that she is — happens to be adept at all three.

[Image: HackOrSack01.jpg]
I'm pretty sure this is illegal on some level. Tongue

And I still wonder why 'Secret Handshake' is under the Play menu instead of the Greet menu. Isn't that the whole purpose of a secret handshake: A greeting which acts as a shibboleth to determine whether or not the person you're greeting is part of your clandestine organization?

*wonders how many of y'all just came back from Googling the definition of "shibboleth"* Tongue

[Image: HackOrSack02.jpg]
"Thank you for welcoming me into Landgraab Society! Come, let us sing the Sailor Song...I mean, the Sea Chantey!"

[Image: HackOrSack03.jpg]
Kileighney paid her dues by addressing the Society's biggest problem: They live like filthy swine. So she spent some Influence to goad one of the regulars into cleaning house. But then he lost interest after scrubbing a toilet and washing three entire plates, so Kileighney did her best Snow White impression by cleaning the entire place herself.

At least Snow White only had to clean up after seven dwarves. The Landgraab Society's at least twice as numerous.

[Image: HackOrSack04.jpg]
Speaking of which, the Society's starting membership is ten college kids. But as I've played this incarnation of TS2 for some years now, I've noticed the Society taking on new members. Like Joseph Platz here. I've seen him moseying around campus and walking around the occasional dorm here and there, but this is the first time I've seen him at the Society's house, wearing the Society's uniform.

I know that nonplayable Sims actually form friendships and enemyships from interacting with each other over time. Is my game just being boogery with corruption in turning these random college kids into Society members, or do you suppose that they too are being added to the Society after making friends with any three standing Society members?

[Image: HackOrSack05.jpg]
Ah, yes...hacking grades. The real reason to join a Secret Society...well, that and using their Career Rewards to get ahead on your Skills. Cool

So she started hacking her grades as soon as she came back from finishing her Junior year. And even after pausing for a food break and a potty break, she topped off her Class Performance early enough for her to slack off for 48 hours and 17 minutes.

[Image: HackOrSack06.jpg]
Booyah! That's what I'm talking about! Big Grin

[Image: HackOrSack07.jpg]
So to kick off her second Senior semester, she went the other way by getting on the phone and romancing one of her professors.

[Image: HackOrSack08.jpg]
After all these years, Professor Pederson is still a virgin? Talk about walking between the raindrops!

Nil desperandum, Professor. Your first WooHoo cometh!

[Image: HackOrSack09.jpg]
Oh, my.

[Image: HackOrSack10.jpg]
Even though I created Kileighney to be the Shy, Grouchy antithesis of everything a Romance Sim should be, she nonetheless does a pretty capable job of dragging people into the sack with her.

Aspiration perks are sorcery like that.

[Image: HackOrSack11.jpg]
But even after a successful Dream Date with three WooHoos (and with the professor getting moody and ending the date with only 17 seconds left on the clock), Kileighney was still far short of her Class Performance goal.

[Image: HackOrSack12.jpg]
So back to hacking her grades she went.

And thus, it seems that hacking grades is an even faster way of raising a Sim's Class Performance than dating one's professors is...as long as one's Logic is high, meaning fewer log-offs and/or few to no grade-dropping encounters with the Campus Police. The things we learn, right? Smile

#29 27-09-2018 
Interesting. I'm impressed by your resourcefulness.

As a result of the way I select my College candidates, my sims have never needed to resort to ANY of the methods described here... They start a semester, and soon roll wants to go to class, do group research, do an assignment, write a paper... As soon as they roll the latter, I lock it. Then I start working on some of the others to get them into platinum mood (if that is even required, because some may already have achieved PermaPlat), and THEN let them write the paper. Usually, WELL before the first 24 hours of a semester are over, they will have maxed the performance meter, and are free to get 48 hours of "hoolah for some moolah", "party hearty", be creative, do fun stuff... in other words: enjoy themselves immensely. If they ever get into the Secret Society, that's just an honor for the SS, not for the student in question!
Some will just start a business (if they don't have one yet) in either the Shopping District or the Main Hood, and spend a lot of time there to make money hand over both of Hulk's enormous fists!
Others will find other means of having fun while raking in a starting capital.
And the extremely industrious few will already be so loaded that they can afford to think about nothing but woohoo! But not with those fossils in the burgundy blazers! Because those losers are the same ones their children and grandchildren are destined to meet... the idea of laying with them is sickening! Tongue

But again, that's just *my* way of doing things... I'm glad you're having so much fun in your own way!

(27-09-2018 11:14 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  *wonders how many of y'all just came back from Googling the definition of "shibboleth"* Tongue

I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but myself... I just assume that I can -- to a reasonable degree -- infer from the context what it might be similar to in meaning. I can look it up later, though. Tongue

#30 27-09-2018 
Whoa. I have never once had a college Sim in a PermaPlat mood. Even Benne and Jolene came close as teens and young adults, but they never quite reached PermaPlat through total Aspiration Points, and most of the Lifetime Wants are pretty much impossible for anyone under the Adult stage to achieve ("Become [top of Career Path X]," "Reach Golden Anniversary," "Graduate Three Children from College" and such; "Max Out Seven Skills," "Have 20 Lovers" and "Have 30 Best Friends" may be doable if you work very hard at it, but I have yet to pull it off with a child or a teen). How did you do it? Huh

And there's nothing wrong with the same professor dating several generations of your Sims, so long as they're bathing regularly. "Oh, hello there, and welcome to my class! You know, I dated your grandfather, your father, your mother and one of your uncles back in the day, so...how are you, my dear?" "Whoa. Exactly how old are you, professor?"

[Image: JihoonTheStreaker.jpg]
But speaking of skeevy age differences, did you ever notice that the streakers on campus are fully fledged Adults, not college-age Young Adults? Why is that? "You came back to college just to get naked and run around? What's wrong with you? Get a job already!"

Besides, the dedicated streakers are a bit boring. With all the cute singing and "picky pocky picky poo" chants that they make, going streaking with your own college Sims is so much better.

[Image: TS2-LearningWithZombies02.jpg] [Image: TS2-LearningWithZombies03.jpg]
...unless they're zombies. Zombies suck at everything, streaking included. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option