Tried everything- please help me, you're my only hope.
#1 10-09-2018 
  • Registered
Hi all,

I've been reading all the posts on this forum trying to get Sims 2 to work and despite trying everything I'm still no closer. I recently got a new laptop and cannot get the thing working. I can get it to play in a window, but the window is forced 320*200 and the textures are pink and glitchy with terrible lag.

Despite adding the video card to the database (I think) correctly, I'm still getting the "Intel® HD Graphics 620 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>" in the config log, and the "Failed to find any DirectX 9 compatible graphics card" error when attempting to run it without the -w parameter.

Can anyone please help me?

Sims 2 Ultimate Edition from DVD now with No_CD.exe

System:
Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50Ghz 2.70Ghz
RAM 8GB
Intel® HD Graphics 620

Things I have done:

Reinstalled The Sims 2
Installed the No_CD exe
Installed the 4GB patch to the exe
Added this line:
card 0x5916 "Intel® HD Graphics 620"
under the "Intel" 0x8086" in the Video Cards.sgr file in both
...\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\<<The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff>>\TSData\Res\CSConfigRes\Config and Res\CSConfig
and
...\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config
Added the Graphics Cards.sgr from here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7651 to the same folders
Used Graphics Rules Maker to update the Graphics Rules.sgr, including trying the beta test "auto detect" function

Attached is my dxdiag, config log, and sgr files.

Please help me. If I've accidentally ended the story of the Smallbottom family by upgrading our laptop then my girlfriend might actually kill me.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 96.76 KB / Downloads: 568)
.txt  LAPTOP-R5BKU2G9-config-log.txt (Size: 10.27 KB / Downloads: 324)
.txt  Graphics Rules.sgr.txt (Size: 33.68 KB / Downloads: 307)
.txt  Video Cards.sgr.txt (Size: 25.87 KB / Downloads: 403)
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018 08:47 PM by Levi.)

#2 11-09-2018 
Not looking good, if you have only the intel card to run all EPs and SPs on. You need to put the no cd exe in the TSBin, then it might load.

Instead of the line you added, try this: card 0x5916 "HD Graphics 620"

#3 11-09-2018 
  • Registered
>Instead of the line you added, try this: card 0x5916 "HD Graphics 620"

No luck, same <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> error. Thanks anyway.

I've seen people online having success with the same card. Any idea what the actual problem might be here?

#4 11-09-2018 
It could be the graphics rules maker being glitchy, in the graphics rules sgr things may not be correct. Did you see this thread?

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6883

Download this

INTEL CARD
How much CPU memory do you have?
Less than 3000 MHz?
Download Graphic Rules - INTEL - Medium Memory - Texture Fix

#5 11-09-2018 
  • Registered
I tried that before, but it was before I added the No CD.exe and the 4GB patch. I'll give it another go tonight. Thanks again.

#6 11-09-2018 
  • Registered
No luck with that either. Never mind, clearly the gods are against me on this one. Weird problem huh? Thanks for all your help leefish.

#7 11-09-2018 
I am sorry I could not help more, It IS fixable, just not by me Sad

For UC the files go here :

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option