Sims 2 UC DirectX 9 Windows 10 Compatibility issue
#1 17-09-2018 
  • Registered
Hello, I am having trouble getting the Sims 2 UC to run on my new Windows 10 laptop. I used one of your fixes on my last one, but I can't successfully get it to run on this one. Every time I try to launch it I get a DirectX 9 failure. I tried to troubleshoot through compatibility mode but was met with the same issue.My graphics are Intel® UHD Graphics 620. I tired looking at the card download list but could not find anything linked to mine. If its there and I didn't see it, I apologize. Attached is my config log file. Thank you!
.txt  LAPTOP-Q0VI89CF-config-log.txt (Size: 9.6 KB / Downloads: 303)

#2 19-09-2018 
  • Registered
Hello, I am still unable to get it to work. I have tried tinkering but cannot get anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Smile

#3 19-09-2018 
Try these

Download Video sgr

Download Graphic Rules - INTEL - Medium Memory - Texture Fix

STEP 3. Unzip downloads in folder
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#4 20-09-2018 
  • Registered
Hello, I have placed both of these in each folder but the issue is still happening. I tried to delete the other files that might have been conflicting, but nothing happened so I just put them back. The ones that I have natively are both sgr files. Thank you, but its not working. Sad

#5 20-09-2018 
Ah, I see what happened... You didn't unpack the downloaded files. Because if you had, they would have been .sgr files like the ones you already have. Then they would OVERWRITE the original files, and you would not have to delete them separately.

Please, try downloading those files again, then right-click them, and select the option to unpack or unzip or un-archive them. You'll see that if you move the resulting files to the correct folders, it WILL work.

#6 20-09-2018 
The other thing might be that you are using a no cd hack. If you do that then you have to make sure the exe for the no-cd is in the same folder as the original exe and launch it from there (I have not tried with a shortcut to the hacked exe but it should work).

#7 20-09-2018 
  • Registered
I am so sorry! I should have seen .rar and known to unzip it. You even said to do that lol. This is a new computer. My old one had WinRar on it, so I would have just done it automatically. The game loads up! Thank you guys so much!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option