Audio related crashing
#1 02-10-2018 
  • Registered
I've googled around about this and have read multiple times not to worry about it, but in my case this error is causing random crashing which is becoming more frequent, so if there's a fix I'd really like to hear it.

What's also different in my case is that I'm probably to blame for it. Months ago, in trying to find a way to stop Build/Buy music playing (unchecking them in game didn't work), I tried deleting every Build.package and Buy.package within every EPs TSData > Res > Sound folders. BUT I have since restored them. Still getting the crashes and this log every time though.

Code:
ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(944)
ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Tracks\DJBooth\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Buy) listed twice in category property set.
.\source\TSAudioMusicManager.cpp(1667)
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Build) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (NHood) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Buy) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Build) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (NHood) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudio: Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:eb8ab356:ff8bceb2
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1220)
ERROR TSAudio: Failed to cache resource. 0b9eb87e:0da1f2ca:ff99e0de
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1220)

Any idea where I should go from here? I'm guessing a reinstall, but I suppose I'm nervous about the process.

#2 02-10-2018 
Is the install from UC or disks?

#3 04-10-2018 
Hi, I get the exact same error reports in my Logs folder with the AppErrors.log and AudioErrors.log

I've for months tried to get Sims 2 to work on my PC, but it keeps crashing after I've loaded the game to the start menu.
I've done literally all the fixes you can do, and I've searched around the internet for months. Still not solution.
Then I've came across these logs and wondering if it might be an audio problem after all?
I ran Sims 2 on a completely fresh new install from Origin, and then I get those logs.
Before this I did all sorts of fixes such as adding my gtx 1080 ti gpu to the videocards list, downloading a graphics rules maker, 4gb patch, freeing stand-by ram memory and so on. So maybe these errors is the cause to all these crashes? Otherwise I'm still blaming my gpu for maybe being too new, or my CPU Intel i7-7820X since in the config-log it says my CPU is some weird thing, it says: 5040Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
I have no idea what that means. All I know is that it probably isn't a gpu issue.

Gonna attach my config-log file just in case, however ignore the "not found in database" for my gpu since this is a completely fresh new re-install, and even with adding my card to the video cards list and using a graphics rule maker it still doesn't work. My video memory goes up to above the 4gb when I do this anyway, so again, I'm certain this isn't a gpu issue

Attached File(s)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 14.04 KB / Downloads: 422)

#4 04-10-2018 
It does make a difference if you are using discs or UC. If discs on win10 then you need to disable securom. If UC, you need the patch from Origin which does the same thing.

If you have upgraded to the UC on a computer where you had discs, then a full uninstall including registry cleanup is the best way before installing UC.

Sadly, I am not an expert on sound issues, but having two of stuff sounds like an install or patch problem.

#5 04-10-2018 
I've never had sims 2 installed with a disc, but I'll try uninstalling UC with a registry cleanup and install it again and see if it still crashes with a fresh reinstall

Edit: fresh reinstall with registry cleanup didn't work
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 07:38 PM by Anleas.)

#6 05-10-2018 
@Anleas You posted in 2017 about an issue starting your game. Was that ever resolved?

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8165

#7 05-10-2018 
No it wasn't and that's why I'm posting here again Sad

I did fix the graphics rules issue though, and I also used a noCD patch, nothing ever worked.
Right now I'm getting an exception error though when I crash, and I have no mods installed, still fresh install

Attached File(s)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 14.82 KB / Downloads: 404)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2018.10.04 23.53.45.txt (Size: 19.9 KB / Downloads: 499)

#8 05-10-2018 
I am sorry to keep sending you round the internet, but have you seen this thread? Its quite interesting

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discuss...dows-10/p4

It seems that there are two potential causes; cache errors and memory leaks on Win10. There are also links to videos and so on. Perhaps try those? If they work that will be good to know.

#9 05-10-2018 
(05-10-2018 08:36 AM)leefish Wrote:  I am sorry to keep sending you round the internet, but have you seen this thread? Its quite interesting

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discuss...dows-10/p4

It seems that there are two potential causes; cache errors and memory leaks on Win10. There are also links to videos and so on. Perhaps try those? If they work that will be good to know.

Thanks for that link
I did all the solutions that everyone did in there, but to no avail.

I went into regedit and set the ClearPageFileAtShutDown to 1
Then I tried using Razer Cortex Game Booster.
I tried the memory leak fix for win10 also using the regedit.
And yes, I did restart my PC

None of this worked, and I still crash after loading into the neighbourhood selection or just right after I've loaded into a neighbourhood.
I also delete my entire sims 2 UC folder under my documents/mygames so that I can generate it again, and still crashes after it has generated "Magic" after loading into a new neighbourhood.

Sometimes I actually manage to get into the neighbourhood, but then I get pink textures, and moments after it crashes again.

#10 05-10-2018 
Have you tried launching the game from the .exe in your game file instead of using a shortcut? That has worked for some also. I don't know if you have tried to run it as administrator, but that is also something to try.

I have read sometimes people have a folder called "Content registry" in the game files. They recommended deleting this file if you have it, I assume this is more for the disk version, as UC does not have a file by that name that I know of. But they say it can stop your game from launching.

You can also delete the groups.cache, cigen.package, and accessory.cache files. If you have them. You can also go in the neighborhood folder and delete the neighborhoodmanager file. NOT the whole neighborhood package, just that one file inside it, on the bottom of the list and see if it makes a difference.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option