Show Us Your Sims!
#11 13-10-2018 
Hey, Alexander has to become a man sometime, right? Dina was simply being altruistic and showing him the full potential of puberty...purely platonic and all. Big Grin

[Image: MeetPortiaRubinia04.jpg]

Also, Portia seems to have undergone a rather significant life change in the past few minutes. But she only has eight plants in her garden, and she just came back from Downtown one Simmy day ago. So I honestly wasn't expecting this. Maybe I should have invested in some ladybug houses.

I wonder how this might impact her, her business and her ambitions. Huh

#12 13-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 02:22 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Hey, Alexander has to become a man sometime, right?

Sure, but... his STEP-MOM??? Ewwww... Gross! Also, I would've wanted his first woohoo to be something more memorable for him. Not especially for him... ALL my sims usually have their first woohoo with someone they're very much in love with. It means something, and usually it only happens after they've rolled a want for it, so they get some aspiration points for the event as well. Oh, well, it's happened... But never again!!

As for Portia: Cool! The number of plants in the garden is not really significant. The number of plants sprayed within a certain time is the only factor... I believe Cyjon has some info on that, and some mods to fix certain issues about plantsimism.

The ladybug house would indeed have helped if you wanted to prevent this change, but I don't see why one would. And if these eight plants in her garden are very close together, only one ladybug house would probably have sufficed.

#13 13-10-2018 
That's how I usually lay out my small gardens: Either a 2x2 square or a 2x4 rectangle. These simple layouts ensure both easier sprinkler coverage and easier ladybug coverage. In the case of the 2x4 garden (like Portia's), placing one ladybug house next to one of the four plots touching the dead center of that rectangle is enough to cover all of your plants and keep those pesky flying aphids (or whatever those yellow bugs are) away. Smile

But as a general rule of thumb, any garden that demands the 360 sprinkler for complete sprinkler coverage is probably going to need at least two ladybug houses on opposites of the garden for full ladybug coverage.

It's nice that Portia no longer has an Energy gauge, but I'm thinking that she might have to run her business at night now, catering to the "late night munchies" crowd. By necessity, she has to stay inside to work the deli, which means that she wouldn't be drinking in the sunlight during those 12 daily hours when it's available. So...run the deli by night, call people over and soak in the outdoor hot tub by day. She's still far from rich and is still stretching her funds as is, so she can't quite afford to buy a dozen sunlamps just yet. So...sound like a plan?

(And those Caliente sisters have well earned their reputation as a human succubi. Alexander has confirmed their reputation yet again! Wink )

#14 13-10-2018 
I usually build a 6x16 greenhouse, with three 4x4 plots of garden tiles. Since I don't mind my sims turning into plantsims, I never place ladybug houses. A 360 degree plant sprayer in the center of each of the 4x4 squares, and a sunlight lamp right over the sprayer (using the quartertile cheat) completes the building.
And since -- as you say it -- plantsims have no energy gauge, they could be busy all day long every day. You could have them work the garden or greenhouse by day (no sunlight lamps required during the day), and the shop by night.
Or, if you're lucky to get another plantsim in the same household, they could take turns at each job. And believe me, with 48 plants, they NEED a lot of time in the greenhouse.

Yeah, the Caliente sisters (you're aware that they are 25% alien?) earned their names... Nina, in the same game, is now married to a half-alien female romance sim. They both hop from one bed into the other, but they also have two children together. One with normal skin and alien eyes, the other with alien skin and normal eyes. Smile
Anyway, Alexander did nothing to confirm anything. He was merely the victim (though probably not unwilling), as Dina was the one who started it.

#15 13-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 04:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And believe me, with 48 plants, they NEED a lot of time in the greenhouse.

[Image: BigBigReallyBigGarden.jpg]

Oh, believe me, I know. I know all too well. o_o

(I should probably go ahead and turn all of the adults in the Verbena household into PlantSims one of these days. Sure it couldn't hurt anything.)

(13-10-2018 04:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...the Caliente sisters (you're aware that they are 25% alien?)...

I remember that, yes. And yet they hide it so well!

But I imagined that breeding the Caliente sisters with alien-descended Sims would result in the occasional alien-like offspring. That's just Genetic Science 101 stuff. So I was right, wasn't I? Big Grin

#16 13-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 06:42 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Oh, believe me, I know. I know all too well. o_o

(I should probably go ahead and turn all of the adults in the Verbena household into PlantSims one of these days. Sure it couldn't hurt anything.)

OK, those are quite a few more than 48 plants... I don't think you need to change ALL your sims into plantsims, but about 4 or 5 would do quite nicely.
But you're growing your crops in the raw elements, instead of a controlled environment... That means extra hard work to fight the effects of the rain year round, and you can't grow any in winter. Have you a lot of mediocre and low-quality fruits, good sir?

You might start thinking about that greenhouse, to improve the yield. Yeah, I know it's an expensive investment... You could start by marking the four corners with greenhouse walls, and putting a greenhouse roof up, though. Four corners cost you up to §2,400, and the roof is totally free. At least that would keep most of the precipitation away. Would be a hell of an improvement.

(13-10-2018 06:42 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(13-10-2018 04:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  ...the Caliente sisters (you're aware that they are 25% alien?)...

I remember that, yes. And yet they hide it so well!

But I imagined that breeding the Caliente sisters with alien-descended Sims would result in the occasional alien-like offspring. That's just Genetic Science 101 stuff. So I was right, wasn't I? Big Grin

There is some truth in that, but it actually works like that with ALL sims. If you breed ANY sim with a half-alien, occasionally, some alien feature will crop up...

(Click the pictures to see them enlarged)

Four sims, here: Ginnie Copur, Ivy Copur the Atrociously Evil Witch, Yoranda Newson the Infallably Good Witch, and Myrna Newson.
As Ginnie's last name suggest, Ivy Copur gave birth to her. Yoranda is her 'father'. So she's only one quarter alien, but she looks like the real deal. In fact, with the pointy ears, she looks even more alien than father Yoranda, who has Ginger's round ears.
Yoranda is the oldest alien daughter of Ginger Newson. Her father is Lelestra Entassah, one of the aliens from my Tyronean Fleet set.
Myrna Newson is Yoranda's daughter from the alien Miria Talana. So 3 quarter alien here.

And here you see Sylvianne Newson with Nina Caliente. Sylvianne is also Ginger's daughter (and thus Yoranda's half-sister), but her father is Syrianna Impregnata.

#17 13-10-2018 
You can also get a Sim with the Alien green skin and Alien eyes from two parents that look like regular Sims.

I am showing the new Alien Baby with the mom holding him. I am also showing you all the family tree with the CAS Alien Ancestor {he is a Full Alien if I have it figured correctly} that is Rhys FitzHugh who married Florence Delarosa, they had a child {half Alien} with Green Skin, I forget what kind of eyes...I think they were the Alien kind. The half Alien son of Rhys marries a dark skinned Sim and they have two children both with dark skin and regular eyes. The Grandson of Rhys, Bairre Delarosa now has a son by a regular Sim that used to be a Dormie and that son Dafydd Delarosa has the Alien Green Skin and Alien Eyes of his Great Grandfather Rhys.

No cheats were involved with this.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2018 05:37 PM by lordtyger9.)

#18 13-10-2018 
Poooor Dina... *sigh* She was so distraught over Mort's death - she needed consolation!
And, in her desperate grief-stricken mind, she thought Alex was Mort.
It was a mistake, yes, but surely one can see the reason behind it?

I think this could be an extremely valuable lesson for young Alex too - stay away from women like his step-mum!
Now maybe he won't make bad choices like his father did. Though, it depends on how you want your soap-opera to go...

#19 13-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 05:34 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Poooor Dina... *sigh* She was so distraught over Mort's death - she needed consolation!
And, in her desperate grief-stricken mind, she thought Alex was Mort.
It was a mistake, yes, but surely one can see the reason behind it?

I think this could be an extremely valuable lesson for young Alex too - stay away from women like his step-mum!
Now maybe he won't make bad choices like his father did. Though, it depends on how you want your soap-opera to go...

Oh Yes I like how this story line is going Poor Dina needed it so bad. Tongue

Of course Young Alex could be going down a path where he likes to console needy female Sims....

#20 13-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 05:25 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  You can also get a Sim with the Alien green skin and Alien eyes from two parents that look like regular Sims.
<...snip...>
No cheats were involved with this.

Yup, totally normal. In principle, every sim has two complete sets of genes; one from each parent. But for each characteristic, they may use the relevant gene from one of them. For example, eyes and ears from the father, skin and hair from the mother, and the facial features might be a mix, too. But if the eyes and ears were used from the father, the mother's eye and ear genes are still present in the child as well. They're just not visible. But when the child grows up and has children of their own, they will donate one complete set of genes. And those genes can be either the visible, or the invisible. And the same goes for the sim's partner.

So the grandchild can have features from the paternal grandmother and -father, that daddy did not show, and also features from the maternal grandmother and -father that mommy didn't show. And sometimes, that CAN result in children with unexpected features. There is no cheating required, just a little luck.

A friend of mine had red hair, even though both his parents AND all his siblings were raven-black. The land lady had made jokes about the woman having slept around... the joke was "that kid must be from the milk man". When she later found out that the milk man indeed had red hair, she almost had a heart attack over her own joke! Tongue
But going back a few generations showed that in the ancestry of both parents, red hair had shown up before. A freaky coincidence resulted in my friend getting recessive, hidden red-haired genes from both his parents, so he was a ginger, a carrot-top... All still standard Genetics 101.

(13-10-2018 05:41 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Of course Young Alex could be going down a path where he likes to console needy female Sims....

Or he could be so shocked that he never touches another woman again! That's the way I'm going with this, anyway...

Sorry, that is a members only option