Show Us Your Sims!
#21 14-10-2018 
Ahh I was reading the older posts in this thread and I noticed that @Pizzatron-9000 was commenting about how he needed to add some more Vacation Locals to his game. You can create some in CAS or you can use the NPC Maker that you can obtain using the Spawn menu, note do not use the use NPC maker to create a Vacation Local use it to create a Townie and then go to the next step of moving them into to a household...temporarily.

Once you have some Sims created either in CAS or with the NPC Maker and they are in a household, the last step is to then use Argon's Townie Brick to change the sim that you want to be a Vacation Local Sim to be one of them with the Townie Brick, rinse and repeat until done.

NPC Maker fix by Cyjon http://www.cyjon.net/node/144
Argon's Townie Brick http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/in...060.0.html

#22 15-10-2018 
I'm starting a BaCC with a very specific storyline for me. If you know the book "Tomorrow when the war began" - then you'll know the basic premise of the story.

I'm in the process of creating 1-5 couples, this is my first couple - they are siblings:

[Image: female01after02.jpg][Image: female01after01.jpg]

This is first female, not yet has a name. She is a half-alien, half european heritage. She has been beaten up multiple times and still carries the scars on her face and head. The Aliens are going to have a specific name, because they are from different planets and have differing features. She is an adult, and 112 years old, so just out of the young adult stage in alien terms.

[Image: male01after02.jpg][Image: male01after01.jpg]

This is the first male, who also doesn't have a name. But he looks very much like Mr Tea Time from Hogfather. So he might be called Tee-a as a homage to that. He is the younger of the two, and has managed to avoid much of the prejudice by wearing an eyepatch, dyeing his hair, and calling himself Tommy.

Their parents were killed in the riots of 16AWW (After Will Wright).

#23 15-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 12:35 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 07:24 PM)leefish Wrote:  Dermot Flanagan (town redhead Fortune/Family) and Jardine Bloem (Romance/Fortune), the town hairdresser with a small at home salon and Elise Hendrick (Family/Romance), the schoolteacher.
How well is your home salon there working out? I've had some success with Kiki Tsang and her hair salon/massage parlour, but not many customers seem to be interested in haircuts.

My home salon did not work out well at all, as no customers seemed interested in a haircut. Sad

But, I recently downloaded this mod from MTS, and now my sim can offer a haircut (makeover) at 50 simoleons, and while the target sim spends forever deciding to pay this really quite reasonable sum my hairdresser can look after the other customers restock and run the register. Once the makeover is complete then the 50 simoleons is straight to my sim. It works so well now I am considering building a barber shop.

#24 15-10-2018 
(13-10-2018 08:47 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  OK, those are quite a few more than 48 plants... I don't think you need to change ALL your sims into plantsims, but about 4 or 5 would do quite nicely.
But you're growing your crops in the raw elements, instead of a controlled environment... That means extra hard work to fight the effects of the rain year round, and you can't grow any in winter. Have you a lot of mediocre and low-quality fruits, good sir?
No, not with every adult in the household having a Gold Badge in Gardening. Plus, half of the adults are unemployed, so they can spend all day tending the garden. So when the harvest comes around, what few plants are anywhere less than Thriving can be talked to until they're Thriving, then harvested for super-juicy produce. Smile

But that there is a relatively new expansion to their garden, with the garden soil laid and fertilized earlier that winter and planted on the last two days of winter. As you can see, they have plenty of money to build a greenhouse of that size, which is the plan; hence, the path with the stepping stones passing through the garden from end to end. Greenhouse doors won't open into garden soil, so I'll be putting one greenhouse door at one end of the path and another door at the other end. Though it may take a bit of micromanaging, the idea is that the crops on the two-plants-wide side of the path are for the household's juicers and refrigerators, while the crops on the four-plants-wide side of the path are for selling, either through the plants' interaction menus or through the household's produce market.

As for why I haven't built the greenhouse around the garden yet, I'd like to give the household and their garden two or three seasons to see how practical the garden is, if I can make it bigger (in light of my household's ability to keep the plants tended) or if I need to reduce its size to make it more manageable. I'm looking at setting the greenhouse up by next winter, at the latest. In the meantime, their house is a chaotic mess with a terrible layout, so I'll be working on that. Tongue

(13-10-2018 08:47 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  You might start thinking about that greenhouse, to improve the yield. Yeah, I know it's an expensive investment... You could start by marking the four corners with greenhouse walls, and putting a greenhouse roof up, though. Four corners cost you up to §2,400, and the roof is totally free. At least that would keep most of the precipitation away. Would be a hell of an improvement.
My biggest concern is the bugs; uncontrolled insect infestations seem to do more long-term damage to garden plants than overwatering does, and a greenhouse prevents both. I had wondered where I should place the ladybug houses around this garden until the greenhouse goes up, but if I decide to explore this "family of PlantSims" idea that I've had backburnered for years now, then I may just decide to hold off on those ladybug houses.

After the greenhouse is built, my only real problem will be the weeds, but those are manageable enough. And if I've converted enough of the Verbena household to PlantSims by then, we might see where that goes. Smile

As for purple-skinned alien hybrid families, I wonder how a game would go if we could have multiple alien races with multiple skin colors, facial features and such. And that reminds me that I need to brew up some new roommates for Benne, because the Stratospire might be getting too big for her soon....

(14-10-2018 03:38 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Ahh I was reading the older posts in this thread and I noticed that @Pizzatron-9000 was commenting about how he needed to add some more Vacation Locals to his game. You can create some in CAS or you can use the NPC Maker that you can obtain using the Spawn menu, note do not use the use NPC maker to create a Vacation Local use it to create a Townie and then go to the next step of moving them into to a household...temporarily.

Once you have some Sims created either in CAS or with the NPC Maker and they are in a household, the last step is to then use Argon's Townie Brick to change the sim that you want to be a Vacation Local Sim to be one of them with the Townie Brick, rinse and repeat until done.
It may have been on the Wooden Simoleon site that I originally found a link to Argon's Townie Brick, but I'm not sure if I got the most recent update to the Townie Brick. So I'll just grab that update and err on the side of caution. Thanks!

And I never got around to using the NPC Maker, but I have most of Cyjon's mods...with a few exceptions. For example, NoHotTubSuicide. How am I supposed to fill my Knowledge Sims' "Struck by lightning" Wants if I can't stick them in an outdoor hot tub during a thunderstorm, Cyjon? They won't die if you green out all of their Needs first! Or if their Needs aren't all green and there's a playable and available friend, lover or family member with super-high Relationships with the Knowledge Sim, then maybe I can fulfill a "Be Saved from Death" Want too! Aren't Knowledge Sims awesome? Wink

*To say nothing of Knowledge Sims who got a genie and wished for the power to Cheat Death. As long as they haven't already already cheated Death too many times, then screw the Relationships. And I've never saved a dying Sim's life by making a Good Witch cast Expello Mortis, but it's on my To Do list. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2018 07:11 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#25 15-10-2018 
(15-10-2018 06:17 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(13-10-2018 08:47 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Have you a lot of mediocre and low-quality fruits, good sir?
No, not with every adult in the household having a Gold Badge in Gardening. Plus, half of the adults are unemployed, so they can spend all day tending the garden. So when the harvest comes around, what few plants are anywhere less than Thriving can be talked to until they're Thriving, then harvested for super-juicy produce. Smile

OK, that'll do, Pizza. That'll do. Tongue

(15-10-2018 06:17 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  As for why I haven't built the greenhouse around the garden yet, I'd like to give the household and their garden two or three seasons to see how practical the garden is, if I can make it bigger (in light of my household's ability to keep the plants tended) or if I need to reduce its size to make it more manageable.

See how practical a garden is? Really? If you have the simpower to keep your crops in top condition even *without* a greenhouse, the garden should be the most practical enterprise ever! And the more of your sims are of the plantsim variety, the fewer sims need to eat/drink the products of your produce, making it even more practical. And the greenhouse adds opportunity to continue growing crops all year round, adding yet another level of practicallity. Bugs *can* occur in greenhouses, by the way, but it happens much less often. And at the ability level of gold badges/plantsims, I wouldn't worry about the weeds. Or the bugs... your sims can fight them.

Most plantsims that I have nowadays, don't get it from spraying plants, though. They're actually transformed as the result of Alien Experiments. Smile

And make sure that at least one of your sims is introduced into the Garden Club. That sim will then be able to sell compost at §7 instead of §5, and to buy bags of fertilizer at §7 instead of §10. And I would suggest keeping your plants in a 4-wide row with an empty row on either side. That way, you can take the most advantage of the 360 degree plant sprayers.

There is an item created by SimWardrobe (might have to search the way-back machine for his stuff) named the Plant Food Sprayer. It works a lot like a super fertilizer, but unlike the Maxis fertilizer, this isn't used BEFORE the plants are seeded, but while they are growing. Yeah, it's a bit cheaty... Maybe you shouldn't bother looking for it Big Grin

(15-10-2018 06:17 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  As for purple-skinned alien hybrid families, I wonder how a game would go if we could have multiple alien races with multiple skin colors, facial features and such. And that reminds me that I need to brew up some new roommates for Benne, because the Stratospire might be getting too big for her soon....

Alien Hybrid? I think I need more clarification... There *are* multi-PT sets out there with aliens that are NOT all of the same species. They look different from each other, even within the set. So you *can* have multiple alien races. However, the problem is, that their different skins are custom skins. They do not combine or mix. If two sims with different skins procreate, the child can only be one or the other. And if a half-alien with a custom skin procreates with a normal sim, it's unlikely that the child will not have an alien complexion. (take care, there's a double negative there)

Could be fun... but it depends on your taste. I keep it simple with a single default replacement for the sickly pale green Maxis Alien skin.

#26 16-10-2018 
(15-10-2018 10:11 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And make sure that at least one of your sims is introduced into the Garden Club. That sim will then be able to sell compost at §7 instead of §5, and to buy bags of fertilizer at §7 instead of §10.
Don't forget that joining the Garden Club discounts your seed costs too. The priciest seeds — eggplants — drop from $20 to $15. And that $5 which you save on every eggplant plant that you plant can really add up. Smile

Plus, it's a good habit to call Tiffany Zarubin over for a Garden Club inspection every four days or so, anyway; even if she doesn't give you another Wishing Well (and you can never have too many of those stashed in your Inventory, waiting to be placed and used up...), the cash reward for having a good garden is often worth the call. Gardens + Dorms + Phone = More money to get your Young Adults through college. Any Sims staying at my Fruityboo Farms and Dormitory tend to do pretty well in that regard. Smile

(15-10-2018 10:11 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And I would suggest keeping your plants in a 4-wide row with an empty row on either side. That way, you can take the most advantage of the 360 degree plant sprayers.
...if you have the space for a 4-wide garden and want to use it for such, yes. But bear in mind that a 180-degree sprinker costs exactly half as much as a 360-degree sprayer and can cover exactly half the number of garden plots. So the 180-degree sprinkler isn't a bad investment for narrower gardens. If you wanted to, you could cover the same 4x4 area with two 180 sprinklers without wasting a single Simoleon (though in my eyes, that would mean double the sprinkler heads that you have to peer closely at when your garden's Environment drops to zero and you have to find the broken sprinkler. So I don't do that). Tongue

But why do you recommend an empty row on either side if the 4-wide column? If your garden patch is eight plots across and four plots deep, you can still cover it with two 360 sprinkers, and your Sims can still walk through the garden with no problem, just by walking on the edges between the garden plots.

(15-10-2018 10:11 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  There is an item created by SimWardrobe (might have to search the way-back machine for his stuff) named the Plant Food Sprayer. It works a lot like a super fertilizer, but unlike the Maxis fertilizer, this isn't used BEFORE the plants are seeded, but while they are growing. Yeah, it's a bit cheaty... Maybe you shouldn't bother looking for it Big Grin
Please. I've had that doodad for two or three years now, after binge-downloading almost everything on the late, great SimWardrobe! Tongue

[Image: PlantFoodSprayer1.jpg]

[Image: PlantFoodSprayer2.jpg]

It's handy for those Sims who don't have a green thumb (or any Gardening badges to show for it). Good gardeners don't have as much use for it, but it is a pretty potent tool; spraying an entire garden with the plant food sprayer two or three times a day can even fight back the Health decay for plants growing outside in the dead of winter. And there are only so many times you can Tend or Water a plant, but the sprayer can be used over and over and over again. Cool

Using the plant food sprayer is a bit awkward for the uninitiated; the "Use Sprayer..." option makes a certain playable Sim use the sprayer, even if it's not the active Sim. Why this extra step was tossed in, I'll never know; switching Sims isn't that hard, is it?

The other option keys a specific plant food sprayer to spray either garden plants, orchard trees or both. I've found this feature handy for lots where the fruit trees are quite a distance from the garden plots; it can save a Sim a lot of walking around, carrying the sprayer across the lot. It can also be a nice way for Sims to split the workload with multiple sprayers; one or two Sims can spray the garden, and another Sim can spray the orchard.

The one thing which really bugs me about the plant food sprayer is how the moment you select the Use Sprayer action, that action immediately stomps its way to the front of the queue, as well as cancelling the current action. I have to remind myself to hold off on Use Sprayer until my Sims are done weeding and watering the garden; otherwise, those actions will be interrupted before completion, and that's a hassle.

You can still download the plant food sprayer here, and the rest of SimWardrobe's goodies here. No Wayback Machine need be invoked. Smile

#27 16-10-2018 
(16-10-2018 12:51 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Don't forget that joining the Garden Club discounts your seed costs too. The priciest seeds — eggplants — drop from $20 to $15. And that $5 which you save on every eggplant plant that you plant can really add up. Smile

Yup, that too. Smile

(16-10-2018 12:51 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Plus, it's a good habit to call Tiffany Zarubin over for a Garden Club inspection every four days or so, anyway; even if she doesn't give you another Wishing Well

Actually, I don't care for that at all. And with all the Magic Lamps that my sims collect, they don't really NEED those Wells, or any other awards/rewards either. To each their own, I suppose. Good for others to know, but I'm not going to use that information Smile

Besides, I'd like to say that I'd have ANY Garden Club member rather than Tiffany Zarubin... That old bitch is always <bleep>ing around with my sims' computers. And when she does, she's hard to get rid of.

(16-10-2018 12:51 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(15-10-2018 10:11 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And I would suggest keeping your plants in a 4-wide row with an empty row on either side. That way, you can take the most advantage of the 360 degree plant sprayers.
...if you have the space for a 4-wide garden and want to use it for such, yes. But bear in mind that a 180-degree sprinker costs exactly half as much as a 360-degree sprayer and can cover exactly half the number of garden plots.

Well, in your picture, you had a 3-wide row and a 2-wide row next to each other... I would've made one 4-wide row... that's a few less plants, I realize that. But there is no truly efficient way to automatically water the 3-wide row anyway. But in any case, I find that the 360 degree sprinklers beat all the others, if ONLY for the fact that you have less stuff that can break down and is virtually impossible to find for repairs...
So instead of a 3-wide and a 2-wide, which together use a 6-wide row of space, I would've made a 4-wide, with an empty lane on each side, and with a greenhouse around it. Using the same space, with -- admittedly -- a few plants less, but with the same output because of the extra crop growing time and less bug infestations.

(16-10-2018 12:51 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But why do you recommend an empty row on either side if the 4-wide column? If your garden patch is eight plots across and four plots deep, you can still cover it with two 360 sprinkers, and your Sims can still walk through the garden with no problem, just by walking on the edges between the garden plots.

And what if all those points you just mentioned are irrelevant? I suggest an empty row in either side, because that's where you can place things like compost bins, Plant Food Sprayers, Ladybug Houses and so on. Or even some non-gardening related items. And that extra row allows you to place doors on ANY side of your Greenhouse without hitting your garden plots!
Also, it gives sims a little extra space to move around others who are tending plants... Sim path-finding could be a hell of a lot better, but we can't do much about that. We *can*, however, give them a little more space to move around in, which is the next best thing. Smile

(16-10-2018 12:51 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Please. I've had that doodad for two or three years now <...snip...> Tongue

Duly Noted! Big Grin
I agree with your notes on the somewhat awkward handling of the sprayer, but what are we to do about it, right?
--- (simfileshare... yikes... I'm so glad that I already have everything that I need from SimWardrobe...)

#28 16-10-2018 
(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Actually, I don't care for that at all. And with all the Magic Lamps that my sims collect, they don't really NEED those Wells, or any other awards/rewards either. To each their own, I suppose. Good for others to know, but I'm not going to use that information Smile
How do your Sims get more than one genie lamp each? That gypsy matchmaker must be really miserly with her genies in my game! o_o

But let's not forget that the Wishing Well can give us three things that the Genie Lamp can't:
1) Three new friends (for your Popularity Sims).
2) One new lover (for your Romance Sims).
3) Three new enemies (if your wish for friends fails; that's when you open the gates to where you keep your Cowplant(s) and let your enemies wander your lot unhindered. Enjoy your replenished youth! >:] )

(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Besides, I'd like to say that I'd have ANY Garden Club member rather than Tiffany Zarubin... That old bitch is always <bleep>ing around with my sims' computers. And when she does, she's hard to get rid of.
Well, considering that she's the one who answers the phones (unless you kill her off and the game replaces her with someone else...maybe), it's not like we have much choice, right? Tongue

(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Well, in your picture, you had a 3-wide row and a 2-wide row next to each other...
[Image: BigBigReallyBigGarden2.jpg]

That's four columns, comrade. Wink

(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And what if all those points you just mentioned are irrelevant? I suggest an empty row in either side, because that's where you can place things like compost bins, Plant Food Sprayers, Ladybug Houses and so on. Or even some non-gardening related items. And that extra row allows you to place doors on ANY side of your Greenhouse without hitting your garden plots!
Also, it gives sims a little extra space to move around others who are tending plants... Sim path-finding could be a hell of a lot better, but we can't do much about that. We *can*, however, give them a little more space to move around in, which is the next best thing. Smile
But things like compost bins don't really need the protection from the elements that a greenhouse provides; they'll work just as well whether they're standing in a rain puddle, scorching sunlight or a foot of snow. So I'd rather put those items outside and use the space inside the greenhouse for plants instead (with plant food sprayers being one exception...ease of use and whatnot).

Compost bins are actually better placed near sources of compost, such as weeping willow trees; Sims shouldn't have to walk all the way across the lot to drop a bag full of leaves in the compost bin, but they can use up compost from anywhere on the lot, without having to walk to the bin; heck, you can put a filled-up compost bin on the roof and Sims can still use it, with the compost being magically depleted as the Sims fertilize their garden plots.

All of my garden houses have both a small trash can and a compost bin near the front door (or wherever the paperboy/papergirl drops off the newspapers and magazines); dispose of all the magazines and newspapers with the trash can, then compost the trash can's contents. Just make sure that there's a trash can closer to the front door than the big trash bin on the curb is, or they'll walk their trash to the curb — and into oblivion — instead. After that, you'll need a trash can kicker to get your compost back. Tongue

(If it's just newspapers, you can skip the trash can and compost the newspapers directly. But if it's a mix of newspapers and magazines, then you might as well stuff them all inside the trash can and save your Sims an extra trip — or two, or three — to the compost bin.)

But, that said, I have had a few greenhouses with decorative objects inside them, just for looks (and so the Garden Club can't help but stumble across them and give my garden some extra love while doing their garden inspections). The Covenheart witches have a couple of small fountains inside their greenhouse, along with several paths made of pricey Brick floor tiles. And their garden never fails to ace every inspection, I'm glad to say. But most of my greenhouses tend to be filled with plants and a walkway or two. Different strokes for different folks, right?

(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  --- (simfileshare... yikes... I'm so glad that I already have everything that I need from SimWardrobe...)
Say what you want about SimsFileshare, but at least it's not Box. Confused
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2018 08:41 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#29 16-10-2018 
(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  How do your Sims get more than one genie lamp each? That gypsy matchmaker must be really miserly with her genies in my game! o_o

Actually, the gypsy is an airhead. The sim getting the memory of recieving the genie lamp, is always the last sim to enter the household. In most cases, that's the latest baby. They mostly even get it WHILE they are still a baby. So how they have trod the arduous path of excellence, I beg you to explain to me. Therefor, I do not let the fact that THEY get the message, lead me to believe that they are the rightful owner of the lamp.
In my game, the lamps are distributed among those children of the family that actually DO something extraordinary. Something like maxing all skills AND one or two hobbies, as well as getting abducted a few times (for knowledge sims). Or something like maxing even one skill and a hobby, but also having 20 lovers before they reach (young-)adulthood (for romance sims). Adjust the achievements according to each sim's aspiration.

Yoranda (I've mentioned her before), even got two because of her extraordinary accomplishments. Not that she needed them, of course. But that was not the point. She still has them in her inventory, so she can pass them on to *her* children, who never got any from the gypsy.
I had a family once around a romance dude named Zack Shack. Zack had a lot of kids, but he didn't much to provide for them or for the woman that he used as a 'mattress'. His oldest son, Zachary, wasn't even the mattress' kid. Zachary turned out to be a good Romance candidate, too. Even more so than his dad. He woohoo-ed ALL dad's lovers, including the 'mattress' (good thing his dad never married her), BEFORE he left the household. He was still a teen, when he started to live on his own. The mattress left Zack, and moved in with Zachary. She used a genie's wish to regain her youth, so she could really be Zachary's love. Zachary totally deserved the two genie lamps that he got when he left.

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But let's not forget that the Wishing Well can give us three things that the Genie Lamp can't:
1) Three new friends (for your Popularity Sims).
2) One new lover (for your Romance Sims).
3) Three new enemies (if your wish for friends fails; that's when you open the gates to where you keep your Cowplant(s) and let your enemies wander your lot unhindered. Enjoy your replenished youth! >:] )

That explains why I'm not interested, then. Most of my sims have tons of friends without the need to wish for any. Lovers, same thing... Hey, remember I said my sims don't get many aspiration rewards? It's a similar thing: getting that stuff from a wish is like getting it from a reward. Too easy!

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(16-10-2018 04:05 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Besides, I'd like to say that I'd have ANY Garden Club member rather than Tiffany Zarubin... That old bitch is always <bleep>ing around with my sims' computers. And when she does, she's hard to get rid of.
Well, considering that she's the one who answers the phones (unless you kill her off and the game replaces her with someone else...maybe), it's not like we have much choice, right? Tongue

Depends... it's not hard to run into the other members of the Zarubin Household. They can be recognized, by the fact that they sell the 'Plantophic C' potion. And if I remember correctly, when you do make friends with them, you *can* call them directly, instead of via the Garden Club, and still have them for an appraisal of your garden. I believe you can even simply invite them over, and only ask them to inspect your garden once they have arrived!

But I need them to come only once per family. I'm not interested in doing the whole song and dance once every three or four days... Just like I don't enjoy inviting the headmaster... EVER!!! Screw that nonsense.

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  [Image: BigBigReallyBigGarden2.jpg]

That's four columns, comrade. Wink

That's poor photography, poor lighting and sims blocking a clear view of the surroundings. You can totally blame that on me, of course, but I refuse to take responsibility Big Grin

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But things like compost bins don't really need the protection from the elements that a greenhouse provides; they'll work just as well whether they're standing in a rain puddle, scorching sunlight or a foot of snow. So I'd rather put those items outside and use the space inside the greenhouse for plants instead (with plant food sprayers being one exception...ease of use and whatnot).

Again, that's not the point! I know the bins don't need protection from the elements. I was just mentioning some stuff as examples. Since the sims use the compost as fertilizer, and I like a little immersion, to me it makes sense that some compost bins are nearby where the garden plots are. Just to make it seem a little more realistic! Besides, I use a mod that adds extra trash to the bin when sims trim bushes, rake weeds and such, without them having to walk all the way to the bin. So I can have bins in places where they are never directly accessed by sims.
I often have a bin near the front door for the direct composting of newspapers, one near the back door for the emptying of indoor rubbish bins and trash compactors, one or two in strategic places in the garden AND a few in the greenhouse. I don't go for the pennies, I go for the Ducats and Doubloons Big Grin Big Grin

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Ain't that the truth!

(16-10-2018 08:14 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Say what you want about SimsFileshare, but at least it's not Box. Confused

Small comfort, but you *are* right about that.

We *are* getting to know each other quite a bit this way, aren't we? Tongue

#30 20-10-2018 
(16-10-2018 11:41 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Depends... it's not hard to run into the other members of the Zarubin Household. They can be recognized, by the fact that they sell the 'Plantophic C' potion. And if I remember correctly, when you do make friends with them, you *can* call them directly, instead of via the Garden Club, and still have them for an appraisal of your garden. I believe you can even simply invite them over, and only ask them to inspect your garden once they have arrived!
See, all these years of Simming, and I never figured that the Garden Club was anything more than Tiffany Zarubin, Armando Cox and Matthew Smith. Those are the only three Sims who have ever come to my lots to conduct garden inspections! Where do these others come into play? Why don't they ever come over and start jotting down notes about my shrubbery and my ponds full of lilypads? Tongue

I have invited Tiffany Zarubin over for social calls which I spun into Garden Club inspections, but I never tried doing that with the others. Most recently, Matthew Smith randomly dropped in on The Barefoot Mechanic to do some shopping, but proprietress Jazz Freefeet was so busy trying to sell a dozen vehicles to him that I never noticed any "Request Garden Club Inspection" option (which I assume was on Page 2 of his dialogue tree).

[Image: MatthewSmith.jpg]

[Image: MatthewSmith2.jpg]

Jazz does have a decent little garden between her garage and her car sales lot, though. Matthew, Tiffany and Armando have already combed through it two times. She doesn't have any wishing wells yet (probably because her garden's too small to pass muster and, seeing as her lot's about 98% asphalt and concrete, there's no room to expand the garden), but she can always try again. Smile

(16-10-2018 11:41 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  That's poor photography, poor lighting and sims blocking a clear view of the surroundings. You can totally blame that on me, of course, but I refuse to take responsibility Big Grin
It's night and I don't have the room to set up a hundred street lamps. Of course the lighting is lousy! I make no apologies. Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option