How To Disable Maxis Movies & Commercials From In-Game TV in The Sims 2 UC
#1 23-10-2018 
Hello!

I use my custom movies on my custom channels in TS2 UC televisions in my game.
I was wondering if there is any way to disable Maxis made commercials and movies from appearing. I don't like it when they interfere with low quality and loud & annoying sounds Smile

Thanks!

#2 23-10-2018 
If you mean the movies that play while the game loads, you can have Windows Search find all occurences of files with the name "ealogo_audio.movie", and delete all those files.
These files should be in folders named "TSData/Res/Movies" in the The Sims 2 installation folder. If you kill those movies, the game will still play just fine.

However, if you mean the movies that play on TV sets in the game... I'm sorry, I don't know about that.

#3 23-10-2018 
Hi @BoilingOil ! Thanks for the quick reply!
I ran into the same suggestion while trying to disable the Maxis screen & the movie at the start of the game. Just to double check; deleting all "ealogo_audio.movie" is deleting the Maxis films & commercials that play on in-game TV?

#4 23-10-2018 
I'm afraid not. The in-game TV movies are a different thing altogether, that I know nothing about, alas.

Oh, wait, perhaps I *can* help. In the Base Game's TSData/Res/Movies folder, there are two more sub-folders: "Broadcast" and "Games"
I think the movies that you're looking for, are in the Broadcast folder.

#5 25-10-2018 
Thank you! I think it worked, many of the films aren't appearing now. Only some for which I might need to search carefully in the game files and delete.

Sorry, that is a members only option