Turning A Food Deco Clutter Object Into Stockable "Fresh Food" For The Fridge
#11 13-11-2018 
@joandsarah any feedback on this? I am a bit sad that the design tool costs 15 simoleons a time on a 5 simoleon loaf, and when the sim restocks the loaf is the default and so needs a recolour outside buy mode. I don't know how to stop the recolours costing 15 simoleons.

#12 13-11-2018 
Okay, my sims can now restock but only one recolour showed up, the green one.

At the other sims house, she could restock the fridge.

What next? Did you say they should be able to eat it as bread or does it get used like most restocked food and make any meal available? It was a fresh CAS sim so she didn't have any cooking points.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#13 13-11-2018 
(23-10-2018 12:49 AM)mrukel22 Wrote:  Would be nice if I could sell them in supermarkets and my sims could buy them and stock their fridge with them to have fresh/sparkling food.
(11-11-2018 10:49 AM)leefish Wrote:  How it works:

Set the item for sale on either a home business or an owned community lot.
Sim buys the object from the shop and it goes into the sims inventory (or from the catalogue and pulls it into inventory but that is cheating). On return home, click on the refrigerator and the option stock should be in the menu. Click on stock and then the bread should be available to stock the fridge.
Lot owner can restock if the item is in their inventory.

Its an ingredient, so it can go in the fridge, (or in the juicer.....) It isn't a food because users seem to be paranoid about custom food (the memories I guess). Only one recolour should be right as I only put one recolour in the rar. If you have the other recolours in that testing game then there is a problem.

#14 14-11-2018 
I love custom foods, but that's okay if it's just an ingredient. The one type of food that is both edible but doesn't leave memories are those buyable foods by Exnem. There are muffins, a cake cart, tarts, a fruit basket etc. Sims just grab a plate. These: http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed.org:...ode/foods/ Then of course, they then miss out on the whole cooking or baking experience, but if you buy a loaf you are not going to be baking it anyway.

#15 14-11-2018 
Yeah, I know how to do that too, but that was not the request. Thank you for testing, I shall upload this ingredient.

#16 16-11-2018 
Uploaded to here

#17 16-11-2018 
I realize I'm a bit late with this input, but shouldn't it be possible to make getting the bread from the catalogue non-cheaty? Just go into the OBJD resource and set some value for the 'Price' property. You could even set/change the sale price for OFB sales and make the price depreciate like Maxis objects. Though the latter doesn't seem very useful. And if there are food-points assigned to the bread, make sure the price reflects those points. Food bought at standard food displays are usually around §2 per point. But of course, one can play a little with that.

For what it's worth...

#18 16-11-2018 
it does cost the sim 5 simoleons at the moment (for 12 food points so that needs changing) but the whole point of going to the shop to buy it is lost if it can just be dragged from inventory but then how else will the owner get the bread to inventory to sell it? It has to be available to them. Of course, I could make an object that spawns only this bread (easy enough to do) but do I really want to make a spawner thing for every deco object as food? I know that a thing could be made where new GUIDS etc are added and that spawns many of these items, but who is going to maintain it? Not me Tongue

#19 16-11-2018 
I understand that, Lee. And I couldn't agree more... If anysim could just collect it from the catalogue, they would never go grocery-shopping again. We simply cannot allow that to happen!!

But eh... there *do* exist options to make it available from the catalogue ONLY for store-owners. Just like a lot of Maxis' OFB objects. That should do the trick, shouldn't it?
And these options, if I'm not mistaken, should reside... yeah, where else but in the OBJD resource? Big Grin

#20 16-11-2018 
Well, I can make it only appear on Community lots, but home business are not community lots. What if someone wants to run a mom and pop grocery store?

Most of the OFB objects are generated as accessories; they are made in some way. That is what I mean; to make it work like OFB then I need a device to spawn the thing. Then it is never in the catalogue, it is only in inventory.

EDIT: based on this article, I set the object to only be in the shopping section of community lots: http://simswiki.info/index.php?title=OBJD&oldid=70503

Sorry, that is a members only option