Quick Quote
#1 26-10-2018 
Sometimes I want to just quote a little bit of a post,not all of it. So I have added a quick quote feature to the none downloads pages.

Select the text you want to quote from one or more posts and press the quickquote button (second button from the left).
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 27-10-2018 
(26-10-2018 06:47 PM)leefish Wrote:  Select the text you want to quote from one or more posts

It works Big Grin

#3 27-10-2018 
(26-10-2018 06:47 PM)leefish Wrote:  Select the text you want to quote from one or more posts and press the quickquote button (second button from the left).
(27-10-2018 03:38 PM)noiredeb Wrote:  It works Big Grin

Multiple quotes, too. Provided you do not try to select everything at once. Select a single quote, press the button, select next quote, press button, etc... Smile

#4 27-10-2018 
(27-10-2018 05:33 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Multiple quotes, too. Provided you do not try to select everything at once. Select a single quote, press the button, select next quote, press button, etc..
Yup, a bit clunky, but better than before I hope.

#5 27-10-2018 
Actually, I cannot imagine how it could work any other way, really. I have yet to see any other board where quoting multiple messages is common. And here, we've had that for years now. Quoting parts from multiple messages, though... Very sophisticated!

#6 27-10-2018 
(26-10-2018 06:47 PM)leefish Wrote:  Select the text you want to quote from one or more posts and press the quickquote button (second button from the left).
(27-10-2018 03:38 PM)noiredeb Wrote:  It works Big Grin
Got it ~ Thanks!
... Celebrate

#7 02-09-2020 
Quick Quote and using it to quote multiple comments seems to work, but how come I don't see any quoted text if I click on Quote? Clicking on Quote doesn't seem to do anything at all for me. This is what caused me to double post the other day.

#8 02-09-2020 
@ScaryRob After pressing the "Quote" bubble, a line appears below the input field, saying "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them". The parts that I've italicised, are normally actually links. If you click the first, the quotes should appear in the input field. The second link, as you might have guessed now, will deselect the quotes.

And THAT part - clicking the Quote these posts now bit, does nothing for me, either. Has not worked for at least a year, as far as I remember. Never wanted to say anything though, because I don't like to be *that* guy. For all I knew, I was the only one having a problem (nobody else ever reported an issue about it) and it could be my own fault for some reason. Besides, with quickquote, I could still work around it, right?

Just in case you need that info, to possibly make it work, @leefish, I'm using one of the latest versions of Firefox with Win7. If there is anything else you require, let me know.

#9 02-09-2020 
(02-09-2020 10:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Never wanted to say anything though, because I don't like to be *that* guy.
I'm always *that* guy, it's my superpower.
Well, I can't get anything to work using the Quote button, but like you said, Quick Quote works fine, so I'll just use that, no big deal.

#10 02-09-2020 
(02-09-2020 11:26 AM)ScaryRob Wrote:  I'm always *that* guy, it's my superpower.

You and me both, friend. I've reported my unfair share of bugs in the almost ten years (since oct 03, 2010) I've been a member of the Leefish community. Sometimes, even I got sick of me. :LOL: Now, though, since I'm no longer the only one...

Which reminds me... According to her profile, @leefish herself joined Leefish.nl on Sep 1, 2010. So Belated Happy 10th Anniversary, Leefish.nl!!

Sorry, that is a members only option