Missing Stuff in sims 2 on windows 10
#1 06-11-2018 
  • Registered
So i was looking around on my desktop when i noticed i had sims 2 installed (with all the Expansion packs, the Holiday pack and the Mansion and Garden pack installed) i thought i would give it a try to see if it still worked, to my surprise, it did. however i noticed that there was the weird boxes on the ground under sims (which from what i heard can be fixed by changing the shadow settings) but what really was weird, was in create a sim, stuff was missing, i couldn't change my sims face by using those options, because they were not there, it was just an empty box. i couldn't add stubble and nearly all the beards were missing, same with outfits, hair ect..

The Game would run completely normal, but the stuff in create a sim was missing, does anybody know how to fix this?

#2 06-11-2018 
Try running the game no cc. If that doesn't work then you might have some eps missing and need to reinstall those eps.

#3 06-11-2018 
  • Registered
ok thanks, i will try that

#4 06-11-2018 
  • Registered
ok so, i have the expansion packs properly installed, as their stuff is there, its mainly just the main stuff from the standalone game that is missing, now with running the game with no cc. will that effect any sims i have with custom clothing and stuff.

#5 06-11-2018 
It should be ok if you open only CAS and dont enter any lots. You should back up of course. It seems very odd that you have none of the base game stuff. I am assuming this is a legal copy of the game, if it is a torrent then we can't help much more as we have no idea if you have all the files.

#6 07-11-2018 
  • Registered
ok i will try it out, thanks again for your help.

#7 07-11-2018 
  • Registered
ok so i ran the game with no CC, sadly it still did not fix the issue, options to change the face and a few of the clothes are still gone.

#8 08-11-2018 
  • Registered
is there anything else i could try to fix this?

#9 08-11-2018 
Is this a torrent? Or is this the ultimate collection? Or disks? Depending on that depends if we can help.

I don't mind if it's a torrent, but if it is, I don't know if you have all the game files.

Please provide the logs and system information requested.

#10 10-11-2018 
  • Registered
its disks. is this a common issue or is it rare?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option