Sims 2 Lagging
#1 12-11-2018 
Hi,

I know there's a topic on this, but it's closed. I'm on Windows 7, have 16 GB of Ram, have a GTX 1060 ... but I'm experiencing some frame drops. I have the ultimate collection from Origin. Now, this is really the first time playing with my 1060. I have already altered the graphics file that allowed me to have smooth edges on and a proper resolution.

Anyway, the lag thread says to try to remove securom but the problem is, I went to the site GAMESWORLD to download a noCD exe, but all the mirrors were offline. (Plus my antivirius said the site wasn't safe.)

Can someone post the no cd EXE for Mansion and Garden stuff? That is the one to use if you have the UC, right?

If someone can host that file then I can attempt to remove securom and see if the frame rate drops stop.

EDIT: I have since properly added my new graphics card to the videocards.sgr file, as per the thread Leefish linked to. Also have a NOCD exe from another source. Game seems a tiny bit better, but on community lots, problem is especially noticeable at speed 3, where the game will drop to as low as 7 fps. I have applied the 4 gb patch and I also used CFF Explorer to double check. Also have the game in windowed mode, tried throttling the CPU, no change. Game is playable, but the FPS drops are like lag spikes and bothersome. Shouldn't be happening in a game from 2009.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ERIC-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.34 KB / Downloads: 365)
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2018 09:32 PM by Daleylife.)

#2 13-11-2018 
Laptop? or desktop.

If this is a laptop, use your Intel HD integrated graphics. If it's a desktop, you may still have a dual video setup.

If you need a NoCD, PM me.

#3 13-11-2018 
Your graphics card is not added to the video cards sgr, so you are probably using the Intel graphics. See the thread linked for how to make the video card be in the database : http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882

#4 13-11-2018 
Edited the post with help from first two replies.

Still having trouble, please advise.

#5 15-11-2018 
The frame drops may be due to the size of the community lot or your number of visitors on the lot. Try using a smaller lot and see if you get the frame rate dropping as much. Community lots do run slower than residential lots in Sims2 and the bigger the lot (with more things to do) the worse it gets.

#6 17-11-2018 
I will try that. I have seen the game behave similarly in streams.
It's possible I didn't notice it really before because "that's how it is", only seeing it now due to newer games.

#7 17-11-2018 
(17-11-2018 02:07 AM)Daleylife Wrote:  I will try that. I have seen the game behave similarly in streams.
It's possible I didn't notice it really before because "that's how it is", only seeing it now due to newer games.
Shoot me a PM. I can help.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option