Flickering - UC Win10 Intel HD Graphics 4600
#11 27-11-2018 
(27-11-2018 02:16 PM)buvky Wrote:  @Kunder @BoilingOil

The thing is, I've been running TS2 on this laptop for 2 years just fine before - with nVIDIA. But ever since the last Windows update, whenever it's used, there are black dots and glitches on the screen. Tried reinstalling drivers and all that. Didn't work, so I thought I'd switch to Intel, at least for Sims. But thanks for all your suggestions.
Ok, Here's what you need to do:

Roll back that Win10 update. This is why I tell people to either DUMP WinX, or SHUT OFF the updates. I can show you how to do that.

Hoping you can read English, here's a link to show you how to roll back a bad, Win10 update.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-...indows-10/

Your machine has a HASWELL processor. It's supported by both Win7, and Win8.1.

My recommendation at this point?
If your machine originally had Windows 10:
Jump on Ebay and get yourself a genuine copy of either Win7, or Win8.1 and download Classic Shell for Win8.1.
There are some things you'll have to do to "Prep" your machine for this.

If your computer DID NOT come with Win10 originally:
You might see if your restore partition is good. It SHOULD be Win8.1. You can do it that way.

Back up your files!
Go to ACER's website, and download all the correct drivers for your system, for whichever you decide you want to install..
DUMP Win10, and install either Win8.1 (recommended), or Win7. Either way, you'll be far better off.

I know it sounds like a lot of effort, but it's really not, and I can guide you along. I do this at least five times a week, and have been doing this since Win10 "remorse" became reality, and I have it down to a Science.

I do not charge "Simmers" for this service here at home. Otherwise I charge $60 to do it for "Non"-Simmers. Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option