Pink glitch in CAS
#11 08-12-2018 
@leefish I tried when I installed the Sims 2, it worked fine, and I'm not using skins, only defaults! I did some clean this evening, I was at 19 gb and now I'm at 15gb! I'm not over yet! haha thanks to the bodyshop, cc installer and delphy's download organiser it helps a lot

#12 08-12-2018 
Defaults as in default clothing? That might be it you know. Where are they? In downloads or program files in the Bin?

#13 08-12-2018 
First off: When people say 'defaults', often what they actually *mean* is 'default replacers'. Because the defaults are what Maxis has already built into the game, while the replacers are CC that take their place.

But anyway, default replacer skins, default replacer clothing, default replacer hairs, any of these are just as much skins, clothing or hair as the objects that do NOT replace any of the defaults. They are the same thing, where the only difference is, that the default replacers overwrite the Maxis defaults by using the same GUIDs, whereas new additions use their own GUIDs, if they have any.

Default replacer clothing *should* work when installed in Downloads, but it's safer to put them in the Bin. Because when put in Downloads, they are shown with the CC star, and can be deleted from within the game. And deleting a default replacer means that you damage the default Maxis item which it replaced! When default replacers are put in the Bin, they show as normal Maxis items, without the CC star, and cannot be deleted from within the game.

#14 08-12-2018 
When you edited your graphics rules and video cards files in the config folder, did you also edit the ones in the csconfig folder?

#15 08-12-2018 

I don't really remember? I think I haven't because I couldn't change the ones on the csconfig folder because I was forbidden to change it

and I don't understand what you are both saying about Defaults, I just put em' on the Download folder in My documents

#16 08-12-2018 
@Entwistle, you were the first one to use the word 'defaults'. If you don't know what we were talking about, then it may be important for us to know what YOU mean when you use that word.

What @HugeLunatic is saying, does make sense. If you don't remember whether you edited the .sgr files in CSConfig, simply copy those files from the Config folder to the CSConfig folder and see if that makes CAS work properly.

#17 08-12-2018 
I was talking about defaults that I can find here: https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ which modifies stuff such skin base, hair, or eyes!

I'm going to try what you said.
I'll re-edit if there's still the pink thing! thank you for being patient with me haha

#18 08-12-2018 
(08-12-2018 03:23 PM)Entwistle Wrote:  I was talking about defaults that I can find here: https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ which modifies stuff such skin base, hair, or eyes!

Yea, those defaults are the ones BO is talking about. Clothing and skin defaults all have BIG texture files. You need to be very picky about what CC you have installed. High poly hairs and clothing as defaults may mean you have to give up some other CC.

#19 08-12-2018 
I noticed that I have some defaults "broken" such as these: [Image: BQwQnti.png] [Image: fC9OdzL.png] but I don't know where they are, I used to download everything I liked without being picky or seeing if there is the mesh or not

#20 08-12-2018 
(08-12-2018 03:50 PM)leefish Wrote:  
(08-12-2018 03:23 PM)Entwistle Wrote:  I was talking about defaults that I can find here: https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ which modifies stuff such skin base, hair, or eyes!

Yea, those defaults are the ones BO is talking about. Clothing and skin defaults all have BIG texture files. You need to be very picky about what CC you have installed. High poly hairs and clothing as defaults may mean you have to give up some other CC.

@leefish is right. That was exactly what I meant. These clothes, those hairs, and any skins in the Database are not just defaults, regardless of what that site calls them. MOST people say "defaults" when they actually mean "Default replacers".
As I said before, "default" means stuff that was built into the game by Maxis. Whenever you install the game, if you do NOT install any CC, that stuff is still there, "by default" as people often say. That's why they are defaults.
The stuff that you downloaded from that link, are not defaults, but default REPLACERS, because they REPLACE the stuff that Maxis created. So putting that stuff in Downloads is a risky thing, for tow big reasons:

1. The items show up in CAS and in shopping racks with the so-called CC-star, and can subsequently be deleted by the player, while they are playing. And doing that would corrupt the game files.
2. Such a default replacer database, because it replaces a LOT of clothes, skins, hairs, et cetera, must be a VERY LARGE package. So it takes a lot of your system's resources, to be accessible in the game.

I'm almost certain that this so-called database contains multiple files which each belong to different EPs or SPs. Putting those files in the TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins folder of the correct EP/SP installation folders in Program Files would make both these problems go away!

And it is even better for the playability of your game if you do NOT use that package at all, or take only the items that you REALLY use. And even then, put them in the correct bins, NOT in Downloads.
And whenever you download anything, ALWAYS check the description for links to Meshes that you might need. If something requires a mesh that you do not have, that stuff shows up broken in your game. And you may not notice it right away, but by the time that you do, you may not know which download caused it. Be careful and picky when downloading stuff.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option