Pink glitch in CAS
#21 08-12-2018 
Alright!
@BoilingOil Can you tell me PRECISELY where I have to put the default replacements?
Updates!
I did some clean but unfinished: I'm at 14GB downloads now!
Pink thing is gone! Even though there is the pink thumbnail, that's good. (For the moment) Also no pink thing in neighborhood either in household
[Image: image.png]

I did what @HugeLunatic told me to. But the resolution isn't the same? My computer screen is a 24". And my game looks like this: [Image: image.png]
I put the same on the CSbin I don't get why it's so bigger?
I don't know if you can see what I mean but in full screen the game isn't the game as if I was on window mode
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 06:06 PM by Entwistle.)

#22 08-12-2018 
About where to put the default replacements: no, I cannot be much more precise. Every file the you downloaded, replaces a specific item from a specific EP or SP. You need to find that information in the Database where you downloaded each file, and then find the TSData/Res/Catalog/Bin folder for that EP or SP in your Program Files folder. Alas, that is something that I cannot make any easier for you.

Oy! You ran the Graphics Rules program again, right? It's a pity that you didn't follow *my* suggestion to copy the .sgr files from the Config folder to the CSConfig folder instead. That would've been easier, because we already *knew* that the files in Config were right.
It might be helpful for you to download Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080 from the page DOWNLOADS - GRAPHIC RULES and VIDEO CARDS.
Unzip or unrar that file, and put the "Graphic Rules.sgr" file in the Config and CSConfig directories of your latest EP (Mansions and Garden Stuff).
Then see if that fixes your game.

And finally, the thumbnail being still pink is no problem. In your Documents folder, find the folder Thumbnails, and delete the CASThumbnails.package.
When you restart the game, getting into CAS may take a bit longer, because it needs to regenerate all the thumbnails, but then the pink will be gone.

#23 08-12-2018 
OK. Sims 2 Screen on full screen is OK. Thank you very much. I gotta now continue my clean with CC and default replacements.

new edit: Pink is still here, found these at the end of tops AF: [Image: uhZoBLe.jpg]
I really don't know how to get rid of it lol but if it's only cas this won't be a problem, I don't usually use CAS, I play with maxis premades (using mirror and shopping for clothes)
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 10:01 PM by Entwistle.)

#24 09-12-2018 
(08-12-2018 06:29 PM)Entwistle Wrote:  OK. Sims 2 Screen on full screen is OK. Thank you very much. I gotta now continue my clean with CC and default replacements.

new edit: Pink is still here, found these at the end of tops AF: [Image: uhZoBLe.jpg]
I really don't know how to get rid of it lol but if it's only cas this won't be a problem, I don't usually use CAS, I play with maxis premades (using mirror and shopping for clothes)

Ok. Sims 2 is canceled. [Image: image.png]
what is wrong GlareConfused

When I typed boolprop UseShaders true it made the whole lot pink lol and false it was like this with the Pleasant family. idk what to do I'm so lost, I really wanted to play again sims 2 but it appears that I can't and will have to move with sims 3. That's so bad because as I told you in a precedent post i could play smoothly and very ok with my ancient computer which had w7 and never had to do all these things such as the cd crack or else, i'm super lost

will there be any changes if i uninstall the cd and go with ultimate collection?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018 12:52 AM by Entwistle.)

#25 09-12-2018 
Don't give up on playing TS2. Just accept that in the migration from the old computer to the new one, some files in the old set of default replacers got broken.
I think you need to clean up the registry, and then reïnstall TS2 and everything, but NOT the default replacers. Go around the internet and collect a NEW set of outfits.

I do not see why you would need the UC. As you said before: before you put the CC back in, everything worked fine! So your TS2 isn't broken. You just need to be careful what files you put in, is all.

Oh, and what does "UseShaders" do? I know a few cheats, and even use several on occasion, but I've never seen the need to get acquainted with "UseShaders". If it makes whole lots go pink, then maybe you shouldn't use it anymore.

#26 09-12-2018 
Reinstalling needs re-checking things such as graphic rules maker and the cd-crack and the 4gb patch I guess?

Well I wasn't careful before, I used to download everything without checking it before.....that's why i have multiple defaults broken...
There is one thing I could do: Starting from 0 my Downloads folder. Which means DELETING all the cc I have. That'd break my heart and I'm so lazy to do it again: otherwise I would've done it already buuut with some courage I can do it! Plus, the most important default replacement for me are skin, eyes and supernatural creatures.

I read on threads that useshaders would help to erase pink glitch but mine made the lot pink lol

I have though a question:
What if I run Sims 2 on W7 or XP Compatibility mode? "Compatibility mode
Execute this program in compatibility mode for w7"
Would this change everything or nah?
[Image: image.png]

#27 09-12-2018 
Yes, it would mean starting from scratch to setup and patch every EP/SP, and then adding the no-CD crack and the 4GB patch... But if you remember where I let you download that Graphics Rules file, THAT would save you the trouble or running the Graphics Rules Maker. Because it's not easy to get it exactly right with that program, either. That file can be used right away after installing everything.

On the other hand, while it *might* help to run the game in Win7 compatibility mode, I'm not sure that you should. After all, before you put in all that old CC, the game WAS working fine without that. You said so yourself. So it may be smart, but it may also make little difference. It's hard to say.

But not being able to play this game properly anymore, simply because it resisted installation this once, that seems just wrong.

#28 09-12-2018 
Before reinstalling I’m gonna try the game without mods, hacks, default replacements (according to Delphy’s download organiser) and with w7 compatibility mode. Otherwise I will uninstalling it
EDIT: I can’t find some replacements. Can they be foundable with SIMpe or something?
Game crashed with pleasant family. Went to the mirror then pass time 3x faster and crash.
BUT... Monty family works!!! With mods etc my Monty and Aspir family would crash all the time
However, I haven’t patched the game after every ep installed. Was it wrong? All the time the patch would say that is was already updated.
BoilingOil Wrote:But if you remember where I let you download that Graphics Rules file, THAT would save you the trouble or running the Graphics Rules Maker.
Do I have to add the graphic rule on /data/res/config and csconfig you sent me if I got it right?
Plus, the 4GB patch doesn’t work properly for me, even though on the log it is written 4069 gb there is also a 3000ish gb one.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018 12:55 PM by Entwistle.)

#29 09-12-2018 
I even think that the 4gb patch has disappeared

Attached File(s)
.txt  ENTYPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 328)

#30 09-12-2018 
Have you actually tried with no cc at all? Just to see if it works?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option