The Sims 2 UC Crashing - Win10 - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti - AMD Ryzen
#1 18-01-2019 
  • Registered
Hello there!
I am searching and searching to find a way to run The Sims 2 Ulitmate Collection on my Windows 10 64bit PC on GTX 1080 Ti.

What I tried so far:

4GB Patch
Graphic Rulers Maker
Repair Integrity
Compatibility TroubleShooter

The crash error is "Application has crashed. Application will now terminate"

Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s)
.txt  AHMAD-GAMING-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.27 KB / Downloads: 445)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2019.01.18 05.20.53.txt (Size: 19.61 KB / Downloads: 372)

#2 18-01-2019 
I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but you'll probably never get an answer to that.
The "Graphics Cards" section is FULL of threads about the combo of Sims 2 on a Win10 system with an NVidia series 10x0 card.
If you read some of those threads, you may find that NONE of them have resulted in any playable solutions.

There may be hope if you can downgrade to Windows 7, or if you can create a VM environment in which to play the game.

#3 18-01-2019 
  • Registered
Sad I will wait maybe someone will figure out how to patch it! Thanks!!!

#4 20-01-2019 
(18-01-2019 09:56 PM)addas Wrote:  Sad I will wait maybe someone will figure out how to patch it! Thanks!!!
It's not a matter of patching it. It's a matter of sheer incompatibility. Both with the nVidia, AND DX12.

If this is a laptop, you can run it fine on the newer HD on-board graphics. You can pick and choose which games to run on the HD graphics, through nVidia control panel. Might want to try to install DX9c, or DX11. Sims will run on those.

If it is not, you can try a couple other things. See if you can google the problem. If that doesn't work, You'll need to get a laptop with HD4600 on-board graphics or better.
If you have on-board video on your desktop, try plugging in your video out to VGA, or HDMI/DVI that is on the motherboard, in the back of your computer.

One advantage of laptops with nVidia graphics, is that 90% of them have the ability to run the nVidia, and HD graphics, simultaneously.

You can get a Lenovo T440/T440p/T540/T540p, or a Dell E6440. Those have HD4600 on-board graphics, and will run The Sims 2 nicely. They can be purchased on Ebay, for around $200.

ANY i5/i7 laptop, with 8gb/RAM, and HD4400 graphics or better, will run Sims 2 nicely. I DO recommend HD4600 or better, for optimal performance.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2019 03:14 PM by Kunder.)

#5 06-10-2020 
  • Registered
Referring to the previous replies of course you can run it you just need Graphics Rules Maker. I have a GTX 1080ti and Windows 10 and it runs perfectly fine. What happens is the gpu isn't listed in the database causing it to freeze, crash or become unresponsive. I had the same issues till I installed that GRM software just Google it and you'll find it.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option