*sigh* ...just awaiting for my new RAM to arrive...
#1 05-02-2019 
Well, I finished the first part of my 2019 complete playthrough of Dragon Age. I'd completed Origins, and was happily searching for Morrigan in the Witch Hunt expansion when I started getting BSODs - the kind that completely shut down your machine to a blue screen and a bunch of tech-speak about Memory_Management and page_fault_in_nonpaged_areas etc. Oopsie. Then it crashed while researching what to do about it all on Google. Then it wouldn't start at all.

After much tears, gnashing of teeth, a massive 800milligrams-of-ibuprofen headache, and prayers... I tried my old "Vista" gaming machine. It is partitioned with Vista on one side and Linux Mint on the other. It hasn't been turned on in over a year because it had been dying (the Vista side is dead) and I had rescued my parents old W7 machine - which worked splendidly for my on-line business, the sims, and DA (after I cleaned everything off it) and has been a great machine... until the BSODs of a few days ago. Anywho... the Linux side works fine. I'm using it now. But, it is Linux. No games. No photoshop. I can't work (I need pictures/photoshop to add listings to my etsy shops.) And, I can't play (Lee, I'm tired of your games - but, thanks, they are fun until they are the only ones available to me.) *sigh* So... yeah. I'm posting a pity thread Sad while I wait for my new RAM to get here.

I hope that's all my poor machine needs. It was built in 2009, and the original 6GB of memory were generic cheap sticks. I bought 8GB of Corsair - not the fancy heat-spreading stuff that my old "Gaming Rig" (the Vista) machine has, but still, I hope, better than what it had. And, hopefully, that will solve the problems.

So there. Got any extra positive vibes to send my way? Thanks! Flower
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#2 06-02-2019 
Sending hugs until the RAM arrives. Prays it does the trick!

#3 06-02-2019 
Thanks, Karen Heart I'm re-discovering the joys of reading. I spent the last several hours in London, 1660-ish. And, while that may not have been the best time to visit - the book is very good and has taken me out of my doldrums.

ETA - It WORKS!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! :happy dance:
The new RAM arrived. I installed it without shorting out my machine. And, it works!
Life is good again Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 05:05 PM by CatherineTCJD.)

Sorry, that is a members only option