Nvidia RTX2080 Pink Flashing Memory Help
#11 22-10-2019 
  • Registered
I am currently on a RTX2060 with Windows 10 and I've been having no problem so far, all the pcs I came across I never had much problem with the sims 2, I had to apply those 4gb patches since Windows 7 but after doing all the configuration to make the game to work (changing graphic rules and video cards database etc) it always runed smoothly, are you running the UC version?
Also, if you have a new desktop pc with a Intel CPU you can enable the onboard graphics on BIOS and try running the game using the onboard graphics... this is most likely to help but again, i'm having no issues with RTX2060, not even crashes

#12 22-10-2019 
@catalincriste

Yes, and thank you for the info, in your other post. Now I understand why.
Funny thing for me? I've never had to use the 4gb mod, except on a couple machines, and never have any issues running TS2.

BTW, Welcome to the Pond!

#13 22-10-2019 
  • Registered
Thank you @Kunder
I've been visiting this forum for ages to search for the graphic rules files and tweaking the game, but I finally decided to join since I can help people fixing some bugs that I may have.
Prob old computers don't need this much, you know... the game knows it's limitations on older operating systems because it can successfully detect it's hardware and manage it's cpu / ram accordingly.
in Windows 10 this is not much the case since windows 10 uses different CPU instructions that have different affects on the game.
Nonetheless to say that this is due the game being very old and is expected to have problems on newer systems, UC is most likely to not have so many since they patched the game when they brought it on origin to add some support for Windows 10

#14 23-10-2019 
Agreed! Glad you decided to chime in. What I like about older computers, and Win7, it takes minimal effort to get the game running properly, and keep it that way. On the ones I mentioned, you still have to do the graphics rules/Video cards, but that's pretty much it.

#15 23-10-2019 
  • Registered
I remeber playing it on a Windows Vista Compaq laptop with a 9000 series nvidia gpu and never had to tweak anything in my life

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option