(Auto solved xD) Directx9 Problem ... And more (? ^^"
#1 30-03-2019 
  • Registered
Hi ! I'm chilean, first of all, sooooooo ... sorry for my bad English xD

I know maybe this problem has been adressed before xD
But I've got this same problem as everybody else :'/
It's the directx9 error "Failed to find any DirectX9 compatible graphics adapters in this system. Please make sure you have a DirectX9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver"

Aaaaaand I'm also confused because I've been running Sims 2 Bodyshop all this time without problem, now i decided to actually play and ... here we are ^^"
(My installed version is the Ultimate Collection from Origin)

Now ... I'm specifying my system information if that makes sense >w<

But for the basics, I've got Windows 10, 64 bit system, 8gb of RAM, Intel proccessor, radeon graphics, i have directx12 installed (idk if this caused the problem ?)...
I've also attached the DxDiag file just in case too ...

.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 124.07 KB / Downloads: 689)

In the log file that i also provide, it says "not found in the database" that no matter what i do ... it won't recognise it for some reason ...

.txt  LAPTOP-8KCNC6TS-config-log.txt (Size: 9.53 KB / Downloads: 296)
Tried Repairing my game, Uninstall and Install it again ... But well, the same problem occurs :/
And I attached my Graphics Rules File too see if that is where the problem's coming from :'''

.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.3 KB / Downloads: 315)

Hope you guys can help me, because i really enjoy this game and really wanna play it :'/
Thanks a lot ! c':
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2019 09:14 PM by AleLunes.)

#2 30-03-2019 
You need an older computer. I recommend the Lenovo T420, or T420s, but ONLY with the i7 CPU, *AND* nVidia NVS4200m graphics. Do NOT try to run Sims on the HD3000 graphics. Also recommend at least 8 gb/RAM, and a SSD. Better yet, here's a Lenovo T430 with nVidia NVS5400m graphics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad...SwcOtcnSJm

PLEASE read this thread:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8788

#3 31-03-2019 
  • Registered
@Kunder Soooooo ... there's no solution ? ok then :'/
Thought it was about tecnical things that could be fixed like everybody else's problem i have read in here, for example the graphics rules and all that stuff ... And that also have windows 10 ...
Well, maybe i should wait for other people to respond (?
Idk how this place works xD

#4 31-03-2019 
No @AleLunes, Kunder didn't say there was no solution. He told you that the solution is to get an older computer, because your stuff is too modern to run the game.
But you may wait for other people to respond, if you like. Nobody currently on this board knows as much about it as Kunder, though. So you'll be waiting a LOOOOOONG time. I'm sorry.

#5 31-03-2019 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil Well, that's weird, because we also tried to run The Sims 2 in my Brother's computer, and it didn't happen at all, he has a laptop far more advanced than mine, in fact, it's a gaming one, it's also Windows 10, 64 bit sistem, though i may need to look at other details that i may have missed (?
I'll update when i check on that !
that it's weird, because he isn't getting the flashing pink graphic stuff, didn't crash, no flickering, but well, the square shadow thingy still there xD
idk what is wrong with MY laptop that I can't play correctly, when he has a more modern one than mine :''''
But well, i guess i need to get the info about his laptop xD

#6 31-03-2019 
Maybe your brother's computer has one of the compatible built-in graphics cards that Kunder talks about in one of the threads that he advised you to look at.

#7 31-03-2019 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil, maybe that's it !
But now i discovered that i can play the game ... only on window mode xD
But boom ! It crashed saying "APPLICATION HAS CRASHED. APPLICATION WILL NOW TERMINATE" right after i created a family in cas and was in the loading screen back to the town map :'''
I checked the App Errors. txt file and it said the audio was messed up (? (even though i listened to it the whole way when playing and heard it just fine ?)

.txt  AppErrors.txt (Size: 11.39 KB / Downloads: 345)

.txt  AudioErrors.txt (Size: 9.77 KB / Downloads: 282)
And checked in the Last Exception one and says a ACCESS_VIOLATION thing xD

.txt  Sims2Exception 2019.03.31 02.28.34.txt (Size: 12.64 KB / Downloads: 326)
What does this mean ?

Also, out of nowhere, the game (when i was in cas) had this flashing pink thing when i selected a swimsuit for females, not with male or for children, just female adult and teen, but it wasn't always, it was a random point, i noticed that i didn't put the texture memory thing correctly according to my card, so i fixed that, i then have to try againg to see if the pink thing happens again (in both folders, Config and CsConfig) xD ...
I'll update to let you know what happens !

.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.61 KB / Downloads: 303)
And i managed to add my card and it doesn't say "not found on the database" :'D

.txt  LAPTOP-8KCNC6TS-config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 281)

#8 31-03-2019 
In most cases, you can ignore whatever happens in the AppErrors and AudioErrors files. I usually have errors in those files too, and my game runs just fine!
The Sims2Exception file may hold a clue, as to what's going on. But that file can only be read by an expert of absolute genius level, or a developer.
I've looked at your Graphics Rules and your config-log.txt, but I have no idea what would be wrong... I'm sorry.

#9 31-03-2019 
(31-03-2019 01:32 PM)AleLunes Wrote:  @BoilingOil Well, that's weird, because we also tried to run The Sims 2 in my Brother's computer, and it didn't happen at all, he has a laptop far more advanced than mine, in fact, it's a gaming one, it's also Windows 10, 64 bit sistem, though i may need to look at other details that i may have missed (?
I'll update when i check on that !
that it's weird, because he isn't getting the flashing pink graphic stuff, didn't crash, no flickering, but well, the square shadow thingy still there xD
idk what is wrong with MY laptop that I can't play correctly, when he has a more modern one than mine :''''
But well, i guess i need to get the info about his laptop xD
Far more advanced is the problem. DON'T buy a new gaming machine with Windows 10, and the latest nVidia or Radeon card, and expect to play TS2. TS3 will be MUCH better for you, OR get an older, more compatible machine.

Right now (as in, RIGHT this very moment), I'm testing a $50 USD HP Compaq 6715b. This is a VERY old machine built around 2007, maybe even 2006, in VERY good condition. This has:

AMD Turion64 with ATI Radeon mobility graphics X1200 with 128mb VRam.
4gb/DDR2 ram
160gb 7200rpm SATA II hard drive
Windows 7 (It came with WinXPHome).

This is probably one of the the lowest spec machines, for running TS2, and it runs it better than YOUR new, gaming machine!

It's not about "biggest, and baddest", it's all about compatibility.

The beauty of this machine, is you don't need to worry about "smooth edges", as it works from the get go, because TS2 was designed to run on THIS type of machine.

This was a bit of a "budget" machine back in the day, but it DOES run TS2 acceptably at 1280x800 (maximum resolution for this computers display), once you tweak the in-game settings a bit.

If running XP, or Vista, it would no doubt, run even better, as Win7 is a little hefty for this machine. I will try XPpro on this machine in the future, and report on it. Right now, I'll finish my current evaluation, and let you know.

I'll post my evaluation in a thread I made specifically for testing TS2, on various machines, including cost and links to the computers.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2019 05:31 PM by Kunder.)

#10 31-03-2019 
  • Registered
@Kunder Actually i was saying that MY BROTHER had a far modern laptop and mine and still managed to play correctly, not MINE xD
But well ... I managed to play it correctly ! I only had to change the compatibility xD (thanks dad xD)
Thanks anyway guys !
@Kunder @BoilingOil <3
If I have more problems, i'll let you know !

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option