Graphics rules T440p
#11 13-04-2019 
I'm not sure if I'm ever going to use it, but perhaps I might download the UC that way...

On second thought, don't count on it. The download link that is supposed to get us the 6.6GB .rar file, only leads to a 270kB .pdf file. And the MediaFire link that they talk about, is a no-show! That video is obviously made by some <censored> scam-artist full of <censored>.

#12 14-04-2019 
@BoilingOil

Try the "Archives" link. Worked for me..... 6.6gb downloaded.

As a matter of fact, I scanned it with Avast AV, and it's fine.

#13 14-04-2019 
Ah, so the video isn't even giving us accurate information about how to download... Ah well, maybe I shouldn't be surprised anymore... it seems like people are getting dumber every day. Not your fault, though. Thanks for helping out.

But then again.... where the hell do you see an "Archives" link???

#14 14-04-2019 
"Archive.org". Second from top.

https://oldgamesdownload.com/wp-content/...irrors.pdf

#15 14-04-2019 
That is AGAIN a link to a PDF... What is going on? You mean I need to download, open and read a PDF to get to the link?

How can people make something simple so complicated? Again, not your fault... I'm just getting fed up with that "OldGameDownload" guy not being clear in the first place. Why doesn't he TELL us that he is an idiot who hides his links in PDF files that we need to download?

#16 15-04-2019 
Yes, not a big deal, or you can go here:

https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Under "Old Skool Sims games", and get it there. I downloaded this one to test. No viruses, no malware, just "The Sims 2". You can ignore the "Read this", if you like.

#17 02-06-2019 
@BoilingOil

Sorry I only just saw this refer - I haven't played sims this year at all.

The way I update the video cards.sgr file, is that I have a master sgr file, and just add the video cards to it as people request. So the latest one always contains all the video cards. However, while I was doing it, I noticed that there were very few duplicates so ...

I can send you the master.sgr if you like.

#18 02-06-2019 
@celebkiriedhel

Nice to see you! How have you been?

If you wish to upload your master, I'd be glad to update it. I have one, but I'm sure anything you send to be added to, would be better.

#19 03-06-2019 
(02-06-2019 07:32 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Sorry I only just saw this refer - I haven't played sims this year at all.

No problem, dear. We know you don't come around as often as you used to.

Perhaps I was confused because you gave people a new link every time, apparently specifically for their card.

#20 03-06-2019 
@BoilingOil Yup, that's because whichever was added last, was what the file was called. It was ensuring that they got the latest one that they knew had their card in it. It was a way of making sure that the user had confidence in what they had. It also made sure that if they had an older version of the master, they couldn't just say that they did it and "it didn't work". It was a managing expectations sort of thing. I suspect that there would have been much better ways of handling this, but it started out very organically and I got stuck in the same method. Which, if I think about it now probably contributed to my sims burnout.

@Kunder

Download master

Thanks for taking this over for me. I am really glad that someone is doing it.

It could probably do with some sorting within the categories to speed it up.

How I have been doing:

I've been doing a lot of crochet. Actually it's pretty much all I do at the moment. I love it and it keeps me calm and stress free. I've made dragons and shawls and blankets, and beanies, and cushion covers, and pet beds, and... well yeah. Lots of different patterns and styles and I love learning the new stitches. So it keeps my hands busy, and my mind focused and active. I've got quite a few of what I've been doing on my instagram but I've been assuming that the sims community isn't really that interested in my crochet. Smile

Apart from that - my blood sugars are really good, my sleep patterns are really bad, my depression has settled down a lot. I haven't been working since 2015 and that helps, and I think giving up the graphics thread has helped as well. Oh and menopause. Menopause has been really really good for me (apart from night sweats and hot flushes) - it's settled down a lot of hormonal related issues that I lived with all my life. So I think on the whole - life is good. Big Grin

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option