Sims 2 UC lag when sims in view
#1 09-06-2019 
  • Registered
Hello there, I am experiencing an issue with the Origin Ultimate Collection on my new computer and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a fix for this problem Sad

The problem: the game lags a lot when there are sims in view. Even if there are 10 sims on the lot the problem goes away when I move the camera away from them, so it happens ONLY when I look at them.
This makes going on community lots impossible, or even having big families or invite guests over. My pc is really good for the sims 2, and I can run the sims 4 on maxed settings without a problem, so the graphics or CC are really not the issue here.

What I tried:
-Applied the 4GB patch and made sure it's working (following the Jessa video step by step until the end)
-Ran graphic rules maker and added my graphic card to the database (I attached my graphic rules.sgr file, I would be super grateful if you could check it out!)
-Removed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Documents folder to generate new saves, no CC
-Reinstall everything multiple times
-Lower the graphics to the minimum
-Run the game in windowed/fullscreen resolution
-Added "-CPUCount:1" to the game details (even tried -CPUCount:2)
-Set Affinity via Task Manager (Untick all CPUs except CPU 0)

Nothing had any effect on this issue, unfortunately.

I had the same issue with a cracked version, right now I'm trying with the official up to date Origin Ultimate Collection. SecuROM has been removed a while ago, so the fixes for it are outaded.

My specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ 15-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I'm gonna try everything to fix my game, as I'm quite desperate at this point... this game is really special for me.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.68 KB / Downloads: 421)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 27.03 KB / Downloads: 410)

#2 10-06-2019 
Would you please also attach the [xxxx]-config-log.txt file? Anyone who wants to try and help, will probably want to see that file. Without that, it's hard for them to help you efficiently. However, also be prepared for disappointment, because with Win10 and a modern dedicated NVidia graphics card, alas there is a good chance that nobody will be able to get it to work.
I hope with you that it can be fixed, of course. But lately, more and more people get disappointed Sad

#3 10-06-2019 
  • Registered
Oh I forgot about that! Thank you Smile yeah, it's really a shame that EA don't support this awesome game anymore, I have so many wonderful memories about it.
I attached the config log file too, thanks in advance ♥

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-Q39V27T-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 427)

#4 17-06-2019 
  • Registered
Nobody? Sad

#5 17-06-2019 
(17-06-2019 04:58 PM)bibibee Wrote:  Nobody? Sad

Hi,

I'm afraid that it looks like that, indeed. As I said before: be prepared for disappointment. More and more Win 10 systems with modern graphics cards are left out in the rain. Their systems are no longer compatible with so old a game. I'm sorry.

#6 18-06-2019 
Maybe try setting up WINE on your laptop? Emulate windows 7 or XP which will work.

#7 18-06-2019 
(18-06-2019 06:11 AM)leefish Wrote:  Maybe try setting up WINE on your laptop? Emulate windows 7 or XP which will work.
Hate to be the Harbinger of bad news, but you're not going to get TS2, running on that machine. You need an older laptop with decent graphics to run it on.
I've never been able to get TS2, running properly in WINE.

Try running with no swapfile. f it doesn't work, it's easy to switch back on.
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2019 04:14 PM by Kunder.)

#8 18-06-2019 
#9 18-06-2019 
  • Registered
Hey thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it.
I suppose the virtual machine will be my last try to make this game work. Such a pity that I can't play this wonderful game because EA wants me to spend big $$$$ on their new scam of a game... I'll let you know if this works (wich I doubt) Sad thanks again

#10 01-07-2019 
I have the same performance problem in the game, and I could not improve with any kind of solution.
I believe it is something much more complex, and difficult solution. UndecidedConfused

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option