Sims 2 won’t launch after installing 4GB patch?
#1 16-06-2019 
  • Registered
So I recently decided to reinstall TS2 on my computer, and while setting up my game..I noticed my game would not start after applying the NTCore 4GB patch. I would press play on Origin, the origin screen would disappear for a few seconds before popping back up, with the play button no longer “greyed out.” I tried the 4gb patch again on the NoCD version, but the issue was the same. The only way to fix it was to repair the game through Origin (which would undo the 4gb patch.) Is there any alternative? Is this a new issue? I’d used the 4GB patch without any issues before, but even without mods, the game will still not start up.

#2 16-06-2019 
  • Registered
I was going to delete this because I figured out the issue on my own but I figured I’d share my solution in case anyone else has a similar problem!

I fixed the issue by moving my game files from my program files to my documents (I can’t imagine it makes much of a difference where it is, so you could probably put it anywhere other than the programs file)

#3 16-06-2019 
Thank you, all tips are welcomed Smile

#4 16-06-2019 
Yes, thank you, @barkingsoldier.

In general, contents of the "Program Files" folder have always been protected by Windows somehow. But with Win 10 (I'm assuming that's what you use) more vigorously so.
Applying any patch to a game makes that game suspect in the eyes of the Windows system. The file's checksum is no longer identical to the checksum when it was freshly installed, so Windows assumes that some virus (or other malignant program) must have altered it... If said game was installed in Program Files, windows might prevent it from running.

Most of such issues can be prevented by installing games elsewhere. I always use the folder "/Game/<game name>". And if you have more than one harddrive, try putting the Game folder on the secondary drive, not on C:/.

Sorry, that is a members only option