Those free UC download links ok?
#1 21-06-2019 
Ok sorry if this has been asked before (I can't find a search function on leefish!) and if it's somehow against the rules to ask this please delete the post right away.

So I keep seeing links to where I could download the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free and this one is supposed to be a trusted site for it but I'd still wanna know a few things and I was hoping anyone here might have experiences/answers:
-Did anyone try these and could say for sure there's nothing malicious in the installer?
-Does this installer still require/install the Origin stuff?
-Pretty sure UC never needed a CD to begin with but after some confusing posts I better ask: does it require/contain a no CD crack?
-I heard UC in general sometimes doesn't show the items from the holiday pack (or other particular expansions), any experiences there especially with that link I posted?

I still have my normal CD version of the game but I just wanna be safe to have a way to keep playing the game in the future should anything happen. I also think if I ever have to reinstall the game it would be more comfortable to have just this one installer instead of going through ALL of the CDs again. I have read about other things like how to configure SimPe with it and that the download folder would be in a different place so I'm confident I'd find my way around those kind of questions.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Have a nice weekend, Lucy
Lucydique, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2019.

#2 22-06-2019 
Hi, I have no experience with those uc downloads. I agree it is a drag reinstalling everything though. The advantage of running with the CDs is that you can run anygamestarter which can be fun. Indeed, if I was reinstalling again I would be tempted to go with a reduced set up especially as there are so many build buy articles made base game.

#3 22-06-2019 
@Lucydiquee

PM'ed you. BTW, all "stuff" packs, and DLC/EP's are included.

#4 22-06-2019 
(22-06-2019 07:27 AM)leefish Wrote:  Hi, I have no experience with those uc downloads. I agree it is a drag reinstalling everything though. The advantage of running with the CDs is that you can run anygamestarter which can be fun. Indeed, if I was reinstalling again I would be tempted to go with a reduced set up especially as there are so many build buy articles made base game.

There's also an Anygame starter for UC, seems to be in testing mode since 2017 though Tongue
I just started using AGS (for my cd version) a while back and it really is great fun and very helpful to create empty games or change the language. Also good if I wanna help out a friend and can test things with the same game installation they have.

I always hope that I don't have to reinstall the game again but I know this time will come sooner or later, maybe because I just want a newer computer or a different OS but most likely because one of the win 10 updates screws me again *lol*
I also always played with the full set so I don't know which expansion brought which new feature or cheat code with it cause I've never had it any other way. Would probably screw up a lot of my downloads, mods, hacks if I'd decided to permanently play in a reduced set after all that time. So I always install the whole thing and it is sooo annoying Wink
really wish I didn't miss when they gave away UC officially, I don't like that origin crap either but better then all those cds again.

#5 26-06-2019 
If you keep your EA Games\The Sims 2 folder, in My Documents backed up externally to a USB drive, re-installation is a breeze, and you don't miss much, if anything.

Sorry, that is a members only option