Pink Flashing sims ONLY
#1 18-07-2019 
  • Registered
Hi! So I followed all the steps I could find to get everything running and I am SO close to getting my game running without any issues.

I have my graphics card recognized. I fixed my memory issue by following Jessa's video. I installed some mods to get rid of shadows. AND I used the 4gb patch (which is working). My game started with a lot of flashing pink and its all gone.

EXCEPT just the sims themselves are pink mannequin like things. I can't figure out how to get rid of that last glitch. Any help would be nice. I attached my config file as well.

UPDATE: It turns out the sims only "look" pink until I load up the household or CAS. But, after about 10ish minutes (usually, sometimes more or less) the pink flashing starts to extend through the game and then I have to save and exit the game.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-BV20A37-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 281)
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 03:03 AM by sleepysimmer90.)

#2 21-07-2019 
Did you use the graphics rules maker? usually fixes many graphic errors like this one yours.

link below, with tutorial together.

https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

#3 22-07-2019 
  • Registered
(21-07-2019 08:46 PM)Augusto Wrote:  Did you use the graphics rules maker? usually fixes many graphic errors like this one yours.

link below, with tutorial together.

https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

I did! And no such luck. I also updated the original post because I managed to get it to work for about 10ish minutes (usually) before the pink flashing extends everywhere and I have to save and exit the game. I've done all the possible fixes I have found in tutorials and such.

#4 22-07-2019 
@sleepysimmer90,
Sadly, unlike the guidelines at the bottom of this section request, you did NOT specify what version of Windows you are using, so I must go on and guess that you're using Windows 10?
I notice from your config-log.txt that you have a rather modern vdeo card; a GeForce GTX 1080. Now if the rest of your hardware is equally recent, then I think it's only fair to say that your problem is probably not going to be solved. In fact, as new Windows updates are rolled out, your problems are most likely only going to get worse.

Your best chance might be to buy a somewhat older machine following @Kunder's recommendations, if you can afford to spend that kind of money.
An alternative, however, could be to do away win W10, and install W7 or W8.1 instead. THEY can handle the combo of TS2 with the modern graphics card.
Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not much to do.

Good luck.

#5 26-07-2019 
Try adding (or changing) this to your Graphics Rules file:

boolProp enableDriverMemoryManager true

#6 26-07-2019 
@BoilingOil just a quick question about your comment - I'm wondering if you think the Sims 2 with modern graphics will continue to work on windows 7/8/8.1 or is it also likely to go the way it has for many with windows 10? I've been thinking about getting a gaming laptop in the next year or so, however, I'm quite fond of windows 10 so I'd most likely dual boot it with windows 7 or 8.1 to get the sims 2 running okay. It seems like sims 2 has no trouble with newer graphics cards on 7 or 8 at the moment, but is that likely to change or will it always run under those, do you think? I know 7 will no longer be getting updates soon, but is the fact the hardware itself is still changing a problem or will the game run okay as long as we can edit the Video cards/graphics rules files to recognise them?

#8 27-07-2019 
(26-07-2019 08:53 PM)TheDarkLady Wrote:  @BoilingOil just a quick question about your comment - I'm wondering if you think the Sims 2 with modern graphics will continue to work on windows 7/8/8.1 or is it also likely to go the way it has for many with windows 10?

This is a valid question, which I will gladly try to answer...

As I understand it, from January 1st 2020, M$ will stop support for Win 7. That means, it will no longer be updated! Which means that it will no longer change, and any hardware/software that it is now compatible with, it will continue to work with.

HOWEVER: hardware manufacturers will continue to create new advanced technology, that is going to take advantage of certain Win 10-specific techniques and features. Whatever drivers they will provide, will have the same issues. That hardware will not just be incompatible with TS2, but with the entire Win 7 platform!
The cards that already exist, though, are safe. They will remain working until they die of old age.

I do not know the time tables for Win 8.1, but I imagine that at some point, that OS will go the same way as Win 7, unless M$ incorporates certain W10 features that are currently causing all that pink stuff.

#9 28-07-2019 
@leefish thanks for the link, I had spotted that post but I've been hoping I'd be able to keep just one laptop for gaming if at all possible, though that is a fantastic opportunity and service Kunder is offering!

@BoilingOil thanks for the reply, that's pretty much what I thought. For the time being, at least, I'm safe, as my laptop is still in perfect working order. Hopefully I won't have to seriously consider changing it for another few years!

#10 28-07-2019 
(28-07-2019 02:50 PM)TheDarkLady Wrote:  @leefish thanks for the link, I had spotted that post but I've been hoping I'd be able to keep just one laptop for gaming if at all possible, though that is a fantastic opportunity and service Kunder is offering!

@BoilingOil thanks for the reply, that's pretty much what I thought. For the time being, at least, I'm safe, as my laptop is still in perfect working order. Hopefully I won't have to seriously consider changing it for another few years!
@TheDarkLady
I would still appreciate some random address in a PM. I'm trying to make a database. The EU, has a serious lack of reasonable used laptops, and I'm going to at least try to fill the niche.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option