My older laptop (from 2012) on which The Sims 2 worked, passed away!
#1 29-08-2019 
My older laptop (from 2012) on which The Sims 2 worked, passed away!

Hi LeeFishers, and others! Smile

I was wondering if anyone has finally found a solution for The Sims 2 to work on a very recent and very powerful PC (custom-made gamer desktop)?

I have a new desktop since March 2019, and I now need The Sims 2 to work on it, because of the "death" of the laptop...

- Operating System: Windows 10, the most recent Family Edition with the latest updates;

- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 6-core @ 3.2 GHz;

- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070;

- RAM: 16 Gb.

...according to anyone, is it possible to play one of my all-time favourite games, again, on that PC? :/

Thanks for any answer!

edit: please, let me know if I have to add any other information! Wink
POISSON, proud to be a member of LeeFish.nl, since February 2014... Big Grin

#2 30-08-2019 
@poisson
Not likely. What was the make/model of your old one? Can you afford an older ThinkPad, maybe $200 USD?

#3 31-08-2019 
Hi dear @Kunder ! Smile

I did know that it wasn't possible in March 2019, when I got the new desktop. But as I saw, since then, a high number of new threads on LeeFish.nl about installing The Sims 2, and all the problems related... I then thought that new things and new ways of getting it to work, appeared.

Thanks for your answer; it seems that no new possibility came up...

My older laptop was the following:

*** Acer Aspire V3-772G, with:

- Intel Core i5-4200M 2-core @ 2.5 GHz;
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M;
- 4 Gb (RAM), initially... but I once added 4 more Gb of RAM: then, 8 Gb (in total).

I had also installed Windows 10 on it, but initially, in was Windows 8, then 8.1...

_____

I might buy a new laptop, on your suggestions... But I would prefer a "new", I mean untouched, one... A ThinkPad, why not? Smile

What would you suggest me, in more details, please? Smile

Thank you again! ...Kudos! ...to my dear @Kunder! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

#4 31-08-2019 
For playing TS2? Nothing new comes to mind.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option