Used GRM for Sims 2 -- Get the "DirectX 9.0" error! :(
#1 21-09-2019 
  • Registered
Hi guys, new poster. I've been looking everywhere for answers but I haven't been able to find the fix yet, unfortunately.

Last night, I decided to download GRM for the Sims 2 just to see if it would optimize my game a little more. Well, turns out I can't even open the game any longer.

I have tried everything: Restoring previous versions of the CSConfig and Config folders in the programs > sims 2 > res, downloading the radeon file on the leefish website, downloading the .sgr files and renaming the graphic rules-old.sgr files, deleted the userstartup file-- pretty much everything. I have not tried running the game in windowed mode and I have not uninstalled/reinstalled. The full error message is as follows:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0x compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I had difficulty reading my config-log files and I tried my best to read it with the best of my ability. Any help is greatly appreciated and I'd love to have my game back up and running. This issue is a little complex for me so bear with me if I don't understand something! Any questions for what I did in this process of trying to fix this I will gladly answer. I would love to have this fixed! Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  MININT-NFRQC5O-config-log.txt (Size: 4.59 KB / Downloads: 308)

#2 22-09-2019 
I have no idea what to say. If the game would run before, then with or without your help, GRM has royally screwed stuff up. The config-log clearly shows that the game will not even start. No game version info, no system specs, nothing at all of all the info that we need. I would almost say that you should uninstall and reinstall TS2 completely, without the help of GRM. But don't do that just yet, because maybe someone else can help you make it work without going to such extremes.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option