Very poor quality, guessing "AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series" might be the problem?
#1 19-10-2019 
Hello, I've installed The Sims 2 lately 'cause I really missed the game.
Once i ran it I found it stuck on 800x600 and read all the guides I could've read to fix it, with no luck unfortunately. I'm on Windows 10.

The following problem persists:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 675b, Board: 04671043, Chipset: 0000

Even though my first videocards.srg bit looks like this:

vendor "ATI" 0x1002
card 0x675B "Radeon HD 7600 Series"

Both in my Config and CSConfig folders (latest ep)

This 800x600 issue is my biggest one but the water is also looking flat and everything is overall ugly and pixelated LOL. Not to mention, the neighborhood view from above is laggy, lags stop only when I'm inside a lot.
I'd like to add that I don't understand much about this stuff so, because I've been fighting this issue the last three days all by myself, I might've edited something else the wrong way but I wouldn't remember (sorry about that!). I'm attaching my whole sgr and config-log files anyway.

Please help this is getting frustrating : D thanks!

.rar  itscat SIMS2.rar (Size: 14.3 KB / Downloads: 333)

#2 20-10-2019 
@itsCat

There's a RADEON-Textures graphics rules here, that may fix your "ugly" issues. Replace your current Graphics Rules.sgr with it:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6888

In your Video Cards.sgr,

Change this:
card 0x675B "Radeon HD 7600 Series"

To this:
card 0x675b "AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series" (You can copy/paste this).

I believe your line in Video Cards.sgr, must exactly match what's in the Video log.

See if this helps.

Let us know. Good Luck! Smile

#3 20-10-2019 
Hi Kunder and thank you so much! I've downloaded the file and replaced it, then got Video Cards.sgr and Video log to match but when I ran the game... there was no difference at all Sad
Still stuck at 800x600, still ugly, still laggy. I really don't know what to do! Any other idea?

#4 20-10-2019 
Wow. I'm sorry. I'm out of Ideas, maybe @celebkiriedhel (Kiri), or @BoilingOil (Our resident TS2 Guru's), can chime in here. I had that problem before, and simply didn't use that computer. I just used a different one.
I have around 25 laptops at the moment, and can do that. Probably not an option for you though.

Could be your Window 10 is fudging the game though. That's a problem. Win10 is a hostile environment for TS2.

I'm actually the hardware person. Still a bit of a n00b with TS2.

#5 21-10-2019 
I would at least need the most recent config-log.txt and a DxDiag.txt file to see if there is anything I can do. But be aware that there is no guarantee whatsoever. As Kunder says, Win 10 is a hostile environment to TS2 - chances are very slim that we can get it running. And when we do, the next Windows update may destroy everything again.

And please, @itsCat, maybe you think you were helpful, putting those files in a rar before. But at first, I didn't even notice that you had attached them, because you had put them in an archive, which was totally not necessary. Please add the files just as they are, one by one and without changing their names or extensions. Most browsers allow us to open the files directly, and Leefish has set her system up so it will accept .txt and .sgr files without any trouble. But in this case, the .sgr files are not necessary at all (yet).

#6 21-10-2019 
Again, thank you Kunder and hello BoilingOil!
Yes, I'm sorry, I was just trying my best. I am now attaching my most recent config-log.txt and DxDiag.txt files.
And that's alright, if we end up failing at least we can say we tried! I might even consider downgrading to Win7 or something in the future, I want to play Sims 2 so bad GAH

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-4DVVC7L-config-log.txt (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 317)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 73.58 KB / Downloads: 317)

#7 22-10-2019 
The game is not reading the updated files or you did not replace them correctly as your logs show 32mb of texture memory and it's not reading the video card. What file path are you placing these in?

#8 22-10-2019 
Hello @itsCat,

Those files are much easier to read this way, thank you.
Do you really have an 18 GB swapfile? That is a lot! Your system shouldn't need that much. But that has nothing to do with this game. It's fine.

Hmmm, your game still claims that your graphics card is not in the Database. So the line that Kunder suggested you should put into the "Graphics Cards.sgr" file, is not working. As @HugeLunatic suggests, you may have put it in the wrong folder. It should be in the folder "/Data/Res/Config" and "/Data/Res/CSConfig" folders in the same installation folder where TS2EP9.exe can be found. But that is the only thing that I see being wrong here. Everything else looks perfectly fine. If it weren't for Windows 10, your system should play the game just fine and it should look wonderful.

I'm very sorry, but at this moment I have no suggestions how to make it any better. I just don't know... I think downgrading to Win 7 might indeed be the best thing for you to do, if playing TS2 is that important to you.

I'm sorry,
~ BO

#9 22-10-2019 
Thank you, all of you, honestly I don't even know what a 18 GB swapfile is? But anyway, I'm placing the files in the right folders (Config and CSConfig) under number 9, which should be the latest one, or at least that's what I read in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection guides.
The exact path is My PC > Windows ( C: ) > Users > Me > Desktop > The Sims 2 > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun with Pets > SP9 > TSData > Res > Config/CSConfig and at this point I'm hoping I got this one wrong so there could be some way to fix things Exclamation Is the path wrong??

#10 22-10-2019 
Wow SP9 is wrong... it should be EP9!

But you have your game installed on the desktop? That's a bit of a strange place to install programs. For now, it doesn't matter much, though. I just think it's a bit odd.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option