Sims2: changing to double-sided not fading wallsticker (from aikeaguinea)
#11 25-11-2019 
That's the beauty of having some insight in why things work the way they do; it ìnvites you to examine similar items and see if those techniques can be adapted in the same fashion. But be careful with BHAVs (behaviors); they are much more logical. So if you see the pattern, it will all make sense. But if you make the tiniest mistake, you can look at it for days, and not see why it won't work. Very frustrating. And make no mistake about this; BHAVs do have their own dependencies, and they may be harder to follow than the ones you deal with in meshes and recolors.

#12 25-11-2019 
I only ever work with copies and testgames anyways but thanks for the warning

#13 26-11-2019 
oooh I can't believe it I got the Jope stickers working!!! Celebrate
After I finally figured out which numbers are responsible the "only" thing missing was how to change them. Luckily my sister is a sucker for logic games so as soon as I presented her with the problem and an example of a working row of numbers she couldn't stop until she had the answer. She got it right on the first try and I still have no clue where even to begin with that Big Grin She doesn't even play sims she really only had the numbers to go on, I'm so impressed, and happy and proud to have finished this! Cool
Just wanted to let you know I'm so happy now Heart

#14 27-11-2019 
Wow, that's great, Lucy. Smile

#15 01-12-2019 
Interesting as I was thinking of making window stickers Big Grin

so this is actually very handy!

I wanted to make some animated window stickers to make scenes on my windows for my futuristic hood.

#16 01-12-2019 
@gayars

MLC has some window stickers - I've been using them for ages for stained Glass windows. I wonder if they would be a good base for your animated windows??

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434454

My recolours of them: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5381

I've got more in my game - I really should release them to the wild sometime.

#17 01-12-2019 
(01-12-2019 03:25 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @gayars

MLC has some window stickers - I've been using them for ages for stained Glass windows. I wonder if they would be a good base for your animated windows??

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434454

My recolours of them: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5381

I've got more in my game - I really should release them to the wild sometime.
Thank you! And yes they would work fine Smile.

#18 01-12-2019 
(01-12-2019 02:20 AM)gayars Wrote:  I wanted to make some animated window stickers to make scenes on my windows for my futuristic hood.
There are already some futuristic animated wall stickers here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=242442
maybe they are helpful too there's a template and guide too I think

(01-12-2019 03:25 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  I've got more in my game - I really should release them to the wild sometime.
yes please do! and thanks for the link to your recolors I totally missed them

One thing I realised is that those stickers and window films are interacting very differently with the windows. Some are on top of the window on one side and "behind" the glass on the other. Some are "behind" on both sides and when it comes to the frames of windows almost all of the stickers are under the frame even if it's a totally flat frame. I also had an almost 3 tiles wide sticker on 3 of numenors seamless glass windows, the middle one had the sticker on top and left&right had it behind the glass again, looked super weird. I think the ones that worked best are those that were cloned on curtains. They seem to have a backside by default too. Guess it depends on what you plan to do with it. The stained glass works perfectly but I had some stickers supposed to look like ivy and that didn't really work with windows unless its a full window without frames

#19 01-12-2019 
@Lucydique MLC's are cloned from curtains. Wall stickers are cloned from art, so they do sit on top of the wall, Window film sits inside the wall, so the cutout is what makes it visible. I suspect if you want ivy to sit over the window frame, you'd have to make it a 3D thing, a 2D sticker isn't really going to work with architecture.

#20 01-12-2019 
@celebkiriedhel yes that's where I ended up too, just wanted to mention it in case @gayars could use that info.

Everything in this post is just for information I'm totally happy with what I have now and I have enough stickers/window films to choose from now to get to the result I need so there's no question here or asking for help just thought you might find it interesting because I did.

I do like MLCs a lot cause they come in different sizes and one is shiftable too and they just generally do all the things needed without me having to change anything Wink
However their "two-sidedness" is different from the wall stickers. the picture is just repeated on the other side and not mirrored which in case of stained windows absolutely doesn't matter but if you have text it will read the same on both sides whereas the simscri window film I have will be mirrored on the back and the stickers I had changed are mirrored as well. Guess that's because they are not cloned from a curtain !?
Also the 2tile sticker from MLC just repeats the image from the 1tile version, again great for stained glass not so good for actual pictures.

What I find weird is how the sticker seems to change wether or not it's on top or behind the glass according to the angle or height. I attached 2 pictures of that effect to show you what I mean. Both are aikea-guineas wall stickers.

The 1 tile shiftable is on top of the glass when shifted to the top/bottom of the wall but when I go to about the middle of the wall it starts going behind the glass (but as you can see not the same for all windows, this is 3 times the same on different windows)
[Image: Xeb5RpEm.jpg]
The 2 tile full height sticker (it is placed on one tile with overlap to the right&left) depending on the camera angle parts of it go behind the glass:
[Image: vQ988SWm.jpg]

Sorry if my text is weird I couldn't seem to find the right words to describe what I mean hence the pictures Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option