Sims2: changing to double-sided not fading wallsticker (from aikeaguinea)
#21 01-12-2019 
when I made my beaded curtains (that have yet to be released to the wild Tongue as I am still tweaking them, as I am over the top OCD) I made a mesh cloning a curtain but made it two sided, one next to the other, which lets it be seen front and back and used to give it a 3d appearance. Perhaps that is the secret, as you would just need to flip the uvmapping so that one side is mirrored to the other (in the case of writing.) I don't know how good at meshing you are, but that would be the way to do it I think?

#22 01-12-2019 
@Lucydique Yeah, I made some add-ons for MLC's set that don't have that problem. I really must release them into the wild!

Oh! I see what you mean now - the picture makes sense!

#23 02-12-2019 
(01-12-2019 09:19 PM)gayars Wrote:  when I made my beaded curtains (that have yet to be released to the wild Tongue as I am still tweaking them, as I am over the top OCD) I made a mesh cloning a curtain but made it two sided, one next to the other, which lets it be seen front and back and used to give it a 3d appearance. Perhaps that is the secret, as you would just need to flip the uvmapping so that one side is mirrored to the other (in the case of writing.) I don't know how good at meshing you are, but that would be the way to do it I think?

I can't mesh at all Cool I'm totally stupid when it comes to even try to imagine a 3D shape so I'm not even gonna try learning that Wink I'm like crazy happy that I managed to get where I am now with the wallstickers and my very simple knowledge of SimPe. Can't thank leefish enough because without this "safe space" I wouldn't even have asked about it in the first place. Like I'm said I'm content with what I have now, those are just minor things I noticed when checking them super closely to see if my changes worked without breaking anything.
Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get those addons @celebkiriedhel Big Grin

#24 05-12-2019 
No wonder my ears have been ringing!! Big Grin

Yeah, about my window films.. I made those so long ago and didn't know everything I know now. I really should rework those. Hmmm. I've got some crafts to finish in the next week so maybe I'll do just that afterwards...

#25 05-12-2019 
ooooh I just love your stuff *fangirling* have so much in my game couldn't live without it! Thanks for everything you do!!! HeartHeartHeart

Sorry, that is a members only option