Kiri real life update
#21 02-12-2019 
(02-12-2019 12:27 AM)Karen Lorraine Wrote:  
Quote:Is there a place on leefish to chat (live)? I've been looking for that!
@Lucydique Yes, if you have enough posts, there should be a chat symbol to the right of your name at the top of the screen
oh wow something to look forward to, not there yet though Tongue but a good idea to have minimum posts and keep out spammers

(01-12-2019 09:56 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Lucydique
I went to my doctor when I was 17 asking to have it ripped out, so I think that you are in good company here. Smile
guess they said no? they don't do that easily here in germany either. I have an acquaintance who has cancer (pretty much everywhere) and when it was on one of her ovaries she had all the paperwork done so that they would just take out everything during the surgery. Of course in the middle of the surgery the doctor just decided that HE wouldn't do it cause she's sooo young (35 I think). She already has 2 kids and she would never want another one because she has a brain tumor and can't risk that. The doctor knew all that but of course he knew better... Long story short a few weeks later they found more cancer in what he had left so she could look forward to another surgery...I think the worst thing is that he waited till the surgery started so she was unable to have any say in his decision and of course they had talked at length about it before the surgery. Really angers me everytime I think of it. Guess I should be happy for not having any of that

#22 03-12-2019 
*waves*

<3

#23 03-12-2019 
(02-12-2019 04:46 PM)Lucydique Wrote:  
(01-12-2019 09:56 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Lucydique
I went to my doctor when I was 17 asking to have it ripped out, so I think that you are in good company here. Smile
guess they said no? they don't do that easily here in germany either.

Actually, since such procedures are often (always?) irreversible, I can imagine why a doctor would be reluctant to take such requests. Especially at age 17, and as long as the person's life is not yet threatened. Because a lot can change in a lifetime, and the patient might regret such decisions later.
But there is also a point where doctors should learn to read the room. If a woman has all the children she can handle and/or she gets sick, that same doctor should just do as she requests and take it out. Waiting for the patient to be under narcosis and THEN unilaterally deciding NOT to perform/complete the procedure should be considered a criminal act!

#24 03-12-2019 
@BoilingOil That's true BO, and a lot of the reasons why you want to keep ovaries is for health reasons rather than choice reasons. I also agree with you that for Lucy's friend it was a criminal act and the doctor should be able to be sued.

On the other hand - I know that for me, the consequences of that decision by the doctor was a lifetime of pain, emotional dysregulation and health issues, affecting both work and personal life. And generally if someone at 17 wants it ripped out, it's not just because they don't want children. I'm not saying the doctor was wrong about saying no - but I am saying that the doctor was wrong in not finding out why I was wanting it, and doing his level best to try and alleviate the symptoms that made me feel that way.

Menopause is often touted as being a horrible thing, but for me it has given me a new lease on life and the menopause symptoms though tiring after 2 years, are nothing compared to what I went through until I hit menopause. I am grateful everyday for it!

@mustluvcatz Waves back and glomps

@Karen Lorraine @leefish

Lets pick a day and I will do my best to be awake and here! Days that work for me - basically Monday - Saturday. As a stay-at-home I'm generally available. Smile

#25 03-12-2019 
@celebkiriedhel I agree, there can be reasons other than 'not wanting children' for wanting certain procedures performed. A life of pain and suffering is something that any doctor should understand and be prepared to treat. After all, that is their calling: to prolong life, increase the quality of that life, and reduce suffering. Anyone who is not commited to those goals, should not be allowed to call themselves a doctor.

But even then, there would be the chance that a cure or treatment could be developed to remove the pain without removing the organs. This is just to say that whatever steps are taken, should never be taken too lightly. It should be very carefully considered and weighed, and all possibilities should be mentioned and discussed. However, in the end, the patient should be the boss of their own body, regardless of sex, gender, gender identity or whatever any person might wish to call it.

#26 04-12-2019 
Mondays and Tuesdays are best for me as I don't work on those days

#27 04-12-2019 
(03-12-2019 09:20 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Actually, since such procedures are often (always?) irreversible, I can imagine why a doctor would be reluctant to take such requests.

This should never be their choice. Ever. This is purely a personal choice and should be honored no matter what. If one chooses later in life it was a mistake, then they should have to live with it or try to reverse it.

#28 04-12-2019 
(04-12-2019 09:48 AM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  
(03-12-2019 09:20 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Actually, since such procedures are often (always?) irreversible, I can imagine why a doctor would be reluctant to take such requests.
This should never be their choice. Ever. This is purely a personal choice and should be honored no matter what. If one chooses later in life it was a mistake, then they should have to live with it or try to reverse it.
I can only agree with that, underage is a different story but apart from that it's a personal choice. There are reasons given like the doctor should "protect" us from bad decisions by having foresight but where is that kind of reasoning in aesthetic/plastic surgery? I think this has more to do with their god complex than what's best for the patient.

#29 04-12-2019 
(04-12-2019 09:48 AM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  

If you quote me, AT LEAST have the decency to ALSO note that I said:

(03-12-2019 09:20 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  But there is also a point where doctors should learn to read the room. If a woman has all the children she can handle and/or she gets sick, that same doctor should just do as she requests and take it out. Waiting for the patient to be under narcosis and THEN unilaterally deciding NOT to perform/complete the procedure should be considered a criminal act!

Nowhere did I say that a doctor should ignore the patient's wish. I merely said that I understand his reluctance, which does NOT mean that I would support it!

Sorry, that is a members only option