Access Violation.. help please!
#1 06-01-2020 
  • Registered
Hi all,

I've been having problems on and off with crashing in my game but as of today it's happening a lot to the point where I can't play my game. I'm hoping someone can help me - the sims are at sim state university and i've played through a few semesters and it's started all of a sudden. I moved my sims into their own house as I was wondering if it was due to being in the dorms but it's still happening.

Some help would be massively appreciated, i've attached my config log (had copied it to desktop so it was easier to find).

Jeffie Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-G2FAG96-config-log.txt (Size: 10.32 KB / Downloads: 288)

#2 07-01-2020 
  • Registered
Unsure if this is helpful but i've added the exception report Smile

Thanks again!

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2020.01.07 09.04.14.txt (Size: 17.12 KB / Downloads: 276)

#3 07-01-2020 
From looking at the log, why don't you try disabling Razer Cortex?

People who went through my guide have found that Razer Cortex causes crashes. You didn't go through my guide and I'm saying you should not unless you face similar issues but why don't you give disabling Razer Cortex a try.

#4 09-01-2020 
  • Registered
(07-01-2020 04:03 PM)crazysim Wrote:  From looking at the log, why don't you try disabling Razer Cortex?

People who went through my guide have found that Razer Cortex causes crashes. You didn't go through my guide and I'm saying you should not unless you face similar issues but why don't you give disabling Razer Cortex a try.

Hi Crazysim, sorry for the delay in relpying. I have tried that since and i'm still having the same problem, do you have any other ideas? Thank you so much Smile

#5 09-01-2020 
Post another exception report? Make sure Razer Cortex isn't in there? Just want to double check.

#6 10-01-2020 
  • Registered

Hi crazysim,

thanks so much for this - i appreciate this. I've attached the latest log where I had disabled razor Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-G2FAG96-config-log.txt (Size: 10.32 KB / Downloads: 268)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option