sims2 #1
I've always believed the AL Butler was a pedophile: constantly after your babies, toddlers and children... No more of that!

BO - ButlerIsNoNanny - stops the AL butler from meddling with your babies, toddlers and children. He will simply not report as a nanny, when entering the lot. If there is a butler currently on some of your lots while installing this mod, a lot reset will occur and the butler will start behaving oddly. If you send him home, he will act normal once he returns the next day. Requires AL, of course.

Update, April 12, 2011: After 16 months, I've finally updated the ButlerIsNoNanny mod! Installing this new version should NOT cause already existing Butlers to behave oddly anymore, UNLESS it is to replace the old version. If you don't have AL, this mod does nothing, of course, but it shouldn't break anything either! If you're happy using the old version, re-download is NOT required.

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Feeding, which stops Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously feeding babies and toddlers. Should work in all games. (Warning: ONE user ever reported this mod as causing a "too many iterations" error with active Servos. Please check!)

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Cooking, which prevents Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously cooking any meals! Should also work for all games.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - ButlerIsNoNanny Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 282 bytes | File Name BO - Butler Is No Nanny v2.zip | # of Downloads 3,286
File Updated 12-04-2011

Filesize 348 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Cooking.zip | # of Downloads 1,097  
Filesize 325 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Feeding.zip | # of Downloads 996  
Comments
#13 08-03-2019
I have attached the error log, When I was playing with BO - BNS - No Feeding I get an Error: Too many iterations when my Servo tries to do Chores.

When I don't have BO - BNS - No Feeding, but I do have BO - BNS - No Cooking I do not get an error, but I think the mod is nuking the chores. Is BO - BNS - No Cooking nuking the chores?

Anyway I wanted to report the error with BO - BNS - No Feeding.
.zip  ObjectError_N002_t320785.zip (Size: 21.92 KB / Downloads: 174)

#14 09-03-2019
Hi @lordtyger9,

I see! 100,000 iterations is indeed slightly steep.
I assure you, though, that not one of my mods ever touches the chores. And most certainly don't they ever nuke them.

The only thing I can think of, is that no-feeding has a conflict with something else in your mods folder. Of course, I realize that on a Mac, having no access to an HCDU-equivalent, this is extremely hard to find out. Otherwise, I have no idea, though.

#15 09-03-2019
OK then I will have to do a 50/50 while keeping in the no-feeding mod then.

Thanks for the information. I was not sure if your no-cooking mod was nuking the Chores thing or not, so I wanted to ask.

One thing I am pretty sure of is that changing the load order is not likely to help as I already have all of your mods loading last.

I will let you know more when I have new information.

#16 09-03-2019
OK, @lordtyger9, I'll be sitting here, waiting impatiently for whatever you find. I think it must be some other mod that does ANY kind of thing related to feeding, and most likely *specifically* feeding babies. Or it might be some mod having ANY kind of impact on Servos.
And if you DO find something, I'll be all over it, trying to figure out how and why it happens.

Sorry, that is a members only option