Graphics card not found in database
#1 24-01-2020 
  • Registered
My Graphics card isn't showing up in the Database and here is my config.txt log file. I tried to make it work by adding the graphics card to the video card config but it still won't show up in the database. I have Windows 10 Home Version10.0.19041 Build 19041

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-EKHESLQ-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 388)

#2 24-01-2020 
I think you didn't add the graphics card correctly. So, I'll explain the procedure, hoping that this will help you.

This is the piece of information from your config-log that we will use:
Code:
Name (driver):   Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Name (database): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor:          Intel
Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 3e92, Board: 843b103c, Chipset: 0000

It clearly indicates that your card is an Intel product, and Intel has the vendor number 8086.
This means that you must search in the Video Cards.sgr for a line that says:

Code:
vendor "Intel" 0x8086

Now, below that line, you must add a new line that describes your card.

According to (again) the config-log, your card has device number 3e92, which we must represent in the Video Cards.sgr as "card 0x3e92".
The following shows you how to add the card:
Code:
card 0x3e92 "Intel(R) HD Graphics 630"

Then you must save the VideoCards.sgr in the following two folders
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
overwriting the existing Video Cards.sgr files there.

After this, start the game, and when it's fully loaded, exit again. Now the Config-log should show the correct graphics card.

#3 24-01-2020 
  • Registered
Thank you for helping me and I forget to mention I have the disk version of the Sims 2.

#4 25-01-2020 
@Blitzen Jr Ah, yes, it would've been useful if I had known that a bit sooner, because the location of those files would have been different Smile

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to help. Good luck with your game, and welcome to the pond. wave

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option