Ultimate Sims 2 Crashing when trying to play-Help
#1 08-02-2020 
  • Registered
Hi,

I am looking for help in trying to get my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection running. I am able to open the game but soon as I click on a family, I get an crash error message and can't do anything else. I am not sure what log to open to show here? So posted a screen shot of them and can you please tell me which one to open and post here.
My Computer is an ASUS and here is the info on it. I hope I did everything right. Can you please let me know. I am looking for some help please to get my game going. Thank you in advanced!
Marilyn

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-2HLLJ3I-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 280)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020 08:47 PM by Sassy41.)

#2 08-02-2020 
Hi Marilyn
They'll need the 6th file down, the one that starts out: DESKTOP...config-log
...for starters.
Good luck!

#3 08-02-2020 
  • Registered
Thank you Catherine, I was able to find it and post it!!

#4 08-02-2020 
You'll want to replace your video card.sgr with the newer one here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8899

Find yours in program files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

You could also try enabling the 4gb patch, but you only have 4gb of ram so it may not help. Also, you really should not play with any cc.

#5 09-02-2020 
  • Registered
Thank you!
What do I do with the newer one? Sorry, not sure.

#6 09-02-2020 
You unpack the .rar file, change the filename of the .sgr file that is in there to remove the "-NEWER" part from it, and then you put copies of that file in the following two folders:

1 --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config
2 --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig

overwriting the ones that are already there.

#7 09-02-2020 
  • Registered
Thank you for your help. I did try it and I don't think I did it right. I was able to find the area but what I changed it too I believe was wrong. I don't know how to do this type of stuff. Now it say an Direct X error. I think I just made it worse.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option