Sims 2 - Directx 9 errors (Please help me troubleshoot)
#1 18-03-2020 
  • Registered
Hi, thanks for reading this post.

I have installed the Origin Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I'm having issues getting the game to even start.

The Problem:

I have added my graphics card (GeForce GT 710) to both Video Cards.SGR (CSConfig&Config folders), and tried running the game as an admin, and in windowed mode (-w).

I notice that I get two different error messages depending on whether I run in windowed mode, or full screen mode.

When I run Sims2EP9 in windowed mode, I receive an error "Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_DEVICELOST! The application will now terminate.". I have tried searching the error message but I can't find the error specific to the Sims 2.

When I run Sims2EP9 in full screen mode, I receive the "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!". Obviously I'm a little confused because I've added the graphics card to the SGR files.

I will also attach the config-log, and dxdiag.

Thank you in advance, and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-TRMCSAV-config-log.txt (Size: 9.57 KB / Downloads: 269)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 71.17 KB / Downloads: 307)
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2020 11:53 PM by callan1010.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option