sims2 #1
This quick and dirty hack, as requested by arathea, causes step-family to no longer be recognized as such. The effect is that sims can now have romantic relationships with step-family. May have a similar effect on in-laws. The negative side effect is that sims can no longer Encourage their step-children. Other parental interaction based on the step-family check will also be broken.

UPDATE June 4th, 2015: An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available!
An improvement over the original version:
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.

UPDATE October 2nd, 2018: There is now a more complete version of this mod: BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.
  • New feature: this mod includes the In-laws fix as originally created by kestrellyn@MTS2, added with her kind permission. Check her page out for more info.
  • Instead of removing a few unneeded tests, I originally just inverted their results when originally creating the alt version. Again, thanks to kestrellyn, this error has now been rectified.

UPDATE October 9th, 2018: I've decided to also remove the unneeded tests from the (alt) version. For those who want the latest version, but do NOT wish the In-Laws fix.
Because some people prefer it if their sims are still able to woo their in-laws Tongue

An upgrade to the new FIXED or ALT version is highly recommended.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Step-Family Romance Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 301 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance.zip | # of Downloads 4,906  
Filesize 513 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (alt).zip | # of Downloads 2,374
File Updated 09-10-2018

Filesize 541 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).zip | # of Downloads 1,487  
Comments
#29 09-06-2019
Hi @TheDraizeTrain,

Yes, I am terribly sorry. But it would be extremely hard (if at all possible) to make it so one could pick and choose which sims could woo their step-family and which not.

And what to do if John were so deprived that he's attracted to his step-sister, but she is not that kind of girl? The game doesn't allow for one way attraction. So this would become a problem.

#30 11-06-2019
  • Registered
(09-06-2019 02:19 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Hi @TheDraizeTrain,

Yes, I am terribly sorry. But it would be extremely hard (if at all possible) to make it so one could pick and choose which sims could woo their step-family and which not.

And what to do if John were so deprived that he's attracted to his step-sister, but she is not that kind of girl? The game doesn't allow for one way attraction. So this would become a problem.

I figured a possible workaround? I'm using Found Family (http://modthesims.info/d/620238/found-family.html) and having certain good sims use it on their in-laws and such so they DON'T get heart farts. My more promiscuous sims can still have the option open lol.

#31 12-06-2019
Hi @TheDraizeTrain,

That still doesn't fix the issue I was talking about. What if John is sleazy enough to want to do his step-sister Mary, but Mary is too classy to accept such filth?
The heart farts are not important. I'm talking about BOLTS! Either they BOTH have bolts for each other, or neither of them has. And THAT is not how it should be.

But as long as you are happy, that's fine with me. Have fun! Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option