sims2 #1
This quick and dirty hack, as requested by arathea, causes step-family to no longer be recognized as such. The effect is that sims can now have romantic relationships with step-family. May have a similar effect on in-laws. The negative side effect is that sims can no longer Encourage their step-children. Other parental interaction based on the step-family check will also be broken.

UPDATE June 4th, 2015: An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available!
An improvement over the original version:
  • Family interactions between step-parents and step-children remain intact.
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.

UPDATE October 2nd, 2018: There is now a more complete version of this mod: BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).
  • Step-siblings are no longer considered family, but have the Romantic interations available, if so desired.
  • New feature: this mod includes the In-laws fix as originally created by kestrellyn@MTS2, added with her kind permission. Check her page out for more info.
  • Instead of removing a few unneeded tests, I originally just inverted their results when originally creating the alt version. Again, thanks to kestrellyn, this error has now been rectified.

UPDATE October 9th, 2018: I've decided to also remove the unneeded tests from the (alt) version. For those who want the latest version, but do NOT wish the In-Laws fix.
Because some people prefer it if their sims are still able to woo their in-laws Tongue

An upgrade to the new FIXED or ALT version is highly recommended.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Step-Family Romance Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 301 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance.zip | # of Downloads 4,916  
Filesize 513 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (alt).zip | # of Downloads 2,387
File Updated 09-10-2018

Filesize 541 bytes | File Name BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).zip | # of Downloads 1,500  
Comments
#21 01-10-2018
Yeah, that was what I meant: when you ONLY touch this one BHAV, it's one or the other. And that was all I wanted in the first place.
I've been to MATY on occasion, though I never posted there. I have some mods from both your other aka's (not the incest thing). Good to know you're still active. Thank you for looking me up, friend! It was an honor.

#22 01-10-2018
UPDATE October 2nd, 2018: There is now a more complete version of this mod: BO - Step-Family Romance (fix).
  • New feature: this mod includes the In-laws fix as originally created by kestrellyn@MTS2, added with her kind permission. Check his page out for more info.
  • Instead of removing a few unneeded tests, I originally just inverted their results when originally creating the alt version. Again, thanks to @kestrellyn, this error has now been rectified.

An upgrade to the new FIXED version is highly recommended.

Thanks to @child_of_air for originally reporting the conflict with the In-laws Fix, which resulted in this new version.

#23 03-10-2018
So glad you two were able to fix it. I didn't expect that considering you are "retired,".....like me. Haha! I really appreciate this, thank you Smile

#24 04-10-2018
No need to thank me for that, @child_of_air. I believe it's a modder's responsibility to make his mods work correctly, and fix any issues. If that means having to break retirement, then so be it.
And @kestrellyn made it very easy for me to set things right, so it wasn't a lot of work, either.
I'm just happy that I could help. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option