Game crashed GTX 970M
#1 31-03-2020 
  • Registered
good evening, sorry for my bad english. I am a French girl. I wanted to install the ultimate collection of sims 2, but despite all my attempts, the game crashed just after choosing a city. I have my graphics card in the video card file, I tried to add the 4 GB patch. I downloaded the graphics rules maker but the game crashes even before arriving in town. Can you help me please ? Cordially.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ATHENA10-config-log.txt (Size: 10.17 KB / Downloads: 271)

#2 01-04-2020 
I need to know the make, and model of your computer, What CPU, you are using, What operating system you're using, if you want some help.

Nothing wrong with your English Hon, You're fine. Smile

#3 01-04-2020 
  • Registered
well, thank you very much , I am reassured.
My computer is an asus rog laptop, model GL 702VT, Intel ® Core ™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MHz, 4 core (s), 8 logic processor (s)
 and i'm using windows 10.

thank you for your reply.

#4 01-04-2020 
You're welcome.
You need to be running Window 7Pro. I'm not sure if the Win7 drivers are available for it, and I don't think Asus will support it. If it was at my house, I could certainly do it for you, but it's not. Sad

Win10 is probably going to be a no-go. Especially if it has the latest updates.

#5 01-04-2020 
  • Registered
first of all thank you for taking the time to answer me. following your message I had the idea to try again to launch the game with the accounting window 7. which did not work. so I had the idea to try accounting again in Windows 98. which worked! 2 days ago, it didn't work. I was able to play without any crash in full screen mode. It was thanks to your response that I had the idea to try again. Thank you for your help. In full confinement it warms my heart. I have the Sims 3 as well as extensions. but the nostalgia for sims 2 pushed me to write to you. sorry for my bad english Wink

#6 02-04-2020 
I'm very glad I could be of service. Smile You're very welcome.

#7 02-04-2020 
  • Registered
thank you ! Smile

#8 02-04-2020 
  • Registered
So it seems you have applied the 4GB patch given your config log, but I saw you're using NVIDIA. I recently discovered a fix for crashing/flashing on NVIDIA card with TS2 and it's actually really quick, definite and simple to do! It's helped pretty much everyone who has tried it. What you want to do is open up your Graphics Rules.sgr file and press CTRL + F. Then, search for this:

if (match("${cardVendor}", "NVIDIA"))
# on NVidia cards, create a dummy texture on device creation to prevent BSODs
boolProp createNVidiaWorkaroundTexture true

Once you're there, add this line boolProp disableTexMemEstimateAdjustment true underneath boolProp createNVidiaWorkaroundTexture true

All you have to do now is hit save. I hope your game is saved, let me know how you get on!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option