Bodyshop Crashes When Loading
#1 02-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi, I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and whenever I try to open body shop, in this case the Mansion & Garden version, the program will open up, load about one-third of the bar, and then the application will crash.

I know I was able to get it to open before through some trial and error. But it seems like no matter what I do now I always get the same result, it crashses. I've tried running the program as an administrator along with trying various different compatible settings but nothing helps. I've also tried deleting the cache files in the Sims 2 folder but that doesn't help either.

I'm currently running Windows 10.

Attached File(s)
.txt  TS2BodyShop 2020.04.01 20.06.07.txt (Size: 12.68 KB / Downloads: 386)

#2 02-04-2020 
Perhaps some of the CC - especially skins, hairs, outfits, etc - is faulty.

#3 02-04-2020 
  • Registered
Clean out your savedsims folder, that seems to do the trick for me.

OH! And put your graphics rule and video cards files in CSConfig!
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 11:56 AM by venus-as-a-sim.)

#4 02-04-2020 
@venus-as-a-sim you mean COPY your graphics rules and video cardss into CSConfig. COPY, as opposed to move Smile

#5 04-04-2020 
  • Registered
Cleaning out my SavedSims folder worked! Thanks guys!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option