PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS 8 CRASHING WHEN IN CAS
#1 10-04-2020 
  • Registered
HI,
IVE SEEN THIS PROBLEM ON THIS THREAD BEFORE AND HAVE FOLLOWED THE STEPS SHOWN (DOWNLOADED NEW GRAPHICS FILES AND PUT THEM IN THE FOLDERS I WAS TOLD) I'M NOT VERY TECHY SO MAY NOT HAVE DONE IT RIGHT

I'M USING A WINDOWS 8 OPERATING SYSTEM AND USING THE GAME VIA ORIGIN (IT THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION)

MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING WHEN I GET TO CAS

ALSO WORTH MENTIONING I'VE TRIED RIGHT CLICKING AND TROUBLESHOOTING RUNNING OFF WINDOWS 7 AND XP

THANKYOU!!

Attached File(s)
.txt  PHOEBE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 292)

#2 10-04-2020 
No need to yell (=type in all caps) From your log it looks like your game isn't recognizing your graphics card. I made you video cards file that contains your card info (there is another with the same name but yours has different device number) The only change I did to that file was to add
"card 0x0156 "Intel® HD Graphics"" to the right part, hopefully that should make your game recognize it. Download and extract the attached zip and place copy to both:
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

.zip  VideoCards-Intel-0156.zip (Size: 4.67 KB / Downloads: 297)

#3 10-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hhahaha sorry for the all caps didn’t realise my laptop was in all caps just assumed it was the website. Thanks for the help I’ll try that out now and hopefully it will work!

#4 10-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi again,

So I installed that zip and it got rid of the 'not in database' message but now it still isn't fully loading. The screen just goes black after I select which world to play in. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Thank you again Smile

#5 10-04-2020 
  • Registered
Forgot to attach this

Attached File(s)
.txt  PHOEBE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.23 KB / Downloads: 253)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option