The Sims 2 UC Directx 9.0c Window 10 problem
#1 13-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hello everyone!
I have problem with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection downloaded from Origin on Window 10.
When i try to run, i got info about Directx 9.0c (the one that everyone had) i try every tricks i found on this forum and whole internet but it still didn't run.
Can anyone have any idea what i have to do to run TS2? TS3 & TS4 run normally, but i have only problem with TS2UC Sad

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-19MO7MV-config-log.txt (Size: 9.4 KB / Downloads: 341)

#2 16-04-2020 
One thing I can see in your config log is that you have the texture memory problem - it's stuck at 32MB which is not enough (and also not the true value, you will have more than that). Can you tell me what exact modifications you made? Did you use the graphics rules maker (GRM)? This can cause the direct X 9 error, which is why it shouldn't be used on new OSes. The 4GB patch was applied correctly and your video card has been recognised, so you did those two things right which just leaves your Graphics Rules.sgr file to fix! Also, could you attach a dxdiag report for me? Click the start button, type run, press enter, type dxdiag in the box that pops up and press enter. In the box that pops up there's a "Save all information" button that will save this info to a .txt file, which you can attach for me to read.

#3 17-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi, thanks for answer. Yes, i use GRM and 4GB patch. But my videocard is not seen properly. I dont have Geforce 7800GTX but Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Ram.
I must reinstall the game to remove the GRM mod?
I attached the dxdiag log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 77.56 KB / Downloads: 323)

#4 18-04-2020 
No, no need to resintall the game. You can just replace your Graphics rules.sgr and Video cards.sgr files manually. I have attached a zip file containing these files for you, unzip the folder and go to the config folder of your latest EP/SP (most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config if you have the Origin version of the UC). Delete the video cards.sgr and graphics rules.sgr files in here and move the ones that I gave you in there. Repeat for the CSConfig folder in the same place (i.e. SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig). Run the game after doing this and then attach your config log again so we can see if it's been fixed.

#5 18-04-2020 
  • Registered
Thanks for help. I still got error with Directx 9.0c ;/ I see it log file that it still giving an Geforce 7800GTX, not properly GTX 1060 6GB. But i see that it giving more Texture Memory.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-19MO7MV-config-log.txt (Size: 9.5 KB / Downloads: 342)

#6 18-04-2020 
Did you happen to run in compatibility mode this time? The 4GB patch is not showing as applied right now, if you see where it says "Memory: 2048MB / Free memory: 2048MB", they should read 4096 when the patch is applied (which is was in your first config log). You can apply it again and make sure not to ever run with compatibility mode enabled. Also, I forgot to change one thing in the Graphics Rules file that I gave you - can you go to the line that says seti textureMemory 1744 and change it to seti textureMemory 6052 - this will again increase your texture memory to what your card has, as I forgot to check how much you actually had!

Can you try running it in windowed mode and see if you still get the directX 9 error? If you right click on the game's shortcut and click properties then add -w to the end of the target field, it will run in windowed mode.

As for why it's still not detecting the correct card, I think that may be because your card is so new - as far as I know, the game has trouble especially with cards that have more than 4GB dedicated memory. You might still be able to get it running though!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option