The Sims 2 keeps crashing
#1 16-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi there, my game keeps crashing when it reaches the loading screen, game intro is skipped.
I am a CC user although I try my best to be safe when downloading content, I did a 50/50 with my cc which did not work. Currently I have no content or mods in game and I have cleared my caches but it continues to crash and I am unsure what to do, I have also tried to repair the game within origin. I would prefer not to reinstall but because I don't want to lose my progress. Any help would be appreciated Smile
My computer specs are Microsoft Windows 7 Pro x64-based PC, Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 500 GB hardrive, 8 GB ram and is a LenovoW520-PC

Thank you!
.txt  Sims2Exception 2020.04.16 04.04.37.txt (Size: 17.63 KB / Downloads: 314)

(it's not letting me upload or change my file so I uploaded my graphicsrule file on pastebin https://pastebin.com/ydWRBG5c )
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2020 09:41 AM by satori.)

#2 16-04-2020 
Moved your thread from the Sims Discussion section to the Help section - specifically "Sims2 Graphics Cards".

Check the section "Before you post requesting help" below for information on what to do. The exception file is probably of little use to the people who help you here. So please attach the latest config-log.txt and, if possible, also a DxDiag.txt

#3 16-04-2020 
Have you updated your graphics rules and video cards.sgr files? Have you applied the 4 GB patch? The latter will likely stop the crashing, but you should edit those files as well (manually, don't use the graphics rules maker) for better performance. As BO said, we need your config log as stated in the "Before you post requesting help", that will let us see what your current setup looks like and if you have a texture memory issue (which could be causing the crashing too).

Also, just so you know, reinstalling will not make you lose your progress. Your save files are stored under Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 (UC) and all you need to do is copy this folder somewhere else to make a backup of it. Then you just move the backup back in when reinstalling (do not overwrite/replace the new folder, delete it and move the backup in). Additionally, you can always rename this "The Sims 2 (UC)" folder to something like "The Sims 2-backup" and the game will generate a new game folder for you, which is useful if you want to test a new global mod or to play with certain CC (Eg. medieval themed). I don't recommend reinstalling at the minute though, I think the 4GB patch and texture memory fix will solve your problem.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option