sims2 #1
This mod (as per ZephyrZodiac's request) adds the option "Sell for §5,200" to the pie menu of the Restorable Car. This option remains available as long as the car is still worth §5,200, and will add the profits to the sim's personal wealth. Currently only works properly in Dutch, English and German versions of the game. Other translations can be added on request. Please supply me with the proper text, if so desired.

NOTE: Alas, AncientHighway's Restorable Car recolors (link is broken!!!) will render my mod totally meaningless. AH's mods are actually a complete functional replacement for the original restorable car, and as such will NOT show the SELL option. There's nothing I can do about this. It's either his beautiful colors or my sell-option, but you can't have both. I'm terribly sorry about this.

Update, July 31st, 2011: Important note for Inteen users: You need the Inteen version of this mod. This version NEEDS to load AFTER Inteen!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Sellable Car Screenshot BO - Sellable Car Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 24.61 KB | File Name BO - Sellable Car.zip | # of Downloads 1,040  
Filesize 22.61 KB | File Name BO - Sellable Car (Inteen).zip | # of Downloads 445  

Comments
#41 19-10-2018
(19-10-2018 09:41 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Downloaded, just to save myself the extra step of going to Buy Mode, Build Mode or Inventory to sell the junk car the moment it's fully restored. Danke. Smile

The thing is, that if you sell it without my mod, the profit isn't added to your personal wealth. THAT is what I made this for. Now the sale counts towards the "Earn so much money" wants. Otherwise, it wouldn't.

(19-10-2018 09:41 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Too bad the restored cars are apparently the only craftables that aren't restocked directly from the business owner's Inventory <...snip...> Why is that?)

You know what guys made this game, right? They made TONS of weird arbitrary decisions... I would have been surprised if for once they did ANYTHING in a logical fashion.

#42 20-10-2018
(19-10-2018 10:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  The thing is, that if you sell it without my mod, the profit isn't added to your personal wealth. THAT is what I made this for. Now the sale counts towards the "Earn so much money" wants. Otherwise, it wouldn't.
I know. I actually do bother to read the descriptions of mods and Simmy goodies before I decide whether or not to download them. But being able to sell the car as part of a Sim's actions is a pleasant bonus on top of all that. Smile

(19-10-2018 10:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  You know what guys made this game, right? They made TONS of weird arbitrary decisions... I would have been surprised if for once they did ANYTHING in a logical fashion.
Yeah, Maxis' consistency seems to be spotty at best. Maybe they contracted their inconsistency from rubbing shoulders with Electronic Arts too many times. EA is as consistent and as sensible as a schizophrenic with an Invincibility Complex hopped up on angel dust and two lungfuls of nitrous oxide. Or am I not giving the schizophrenic enough credit? Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option