sims2 #1
This mod (as per ZephyrZodiac's request) adds the option "Sell for §5,200" to the pie menu of the Restorable Car. This option remains available as long as the car is still worth §5,200, and will add the profits to the sim's personal wealth. Currently only works properly in Dutch, English and German versions of the game. Other translations can be added on request. Please supply me with the proper text, if so desired.

NOTE: Alas, AncientHighway's Restorable Car recolors (link is broken!!!) will render my mod totally meaningless. AH's mods are actually a complete functional replacement for the original restorable car, and as such will NOT show the SELL option. There's nothing I can do about this. It's either his beautiful colors or my sell-option, but you can't have both. I'm terribly sorry about this.

Update, July 31st, 2011: Important note for Inteen users: You need the Inteen version of this mod. This version NEEDS to load AFTER Inteen!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Sellable Car Screenshot BO - Sellable Car Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 24.61 KB | File Name BO - Sellable Car.zip | # of Downloads 1,039  
Filesize 22.61 KB | File Name BO - Sellable Car (Inteen).zip | # of Downloads 445  

Comments
#5 17-05-2011
Do you perhaps have any other mods that interfere with the standard restorable car?

Did you check the menu directly after finishing the restoration of a car? Because this option ONLY appears as long as the car has not devaluated yet, and is still worth $5,200.

#6 17-05-2011
My Sim literally just finished making the car and I had no such option. I did paint it though the standard blue colour.

I have a couple of car mods but I have no clue as to which one could cause the issue.

#7 18-05-2011

Yup I made three more cars and still no option it doesn't matter if I wait or right after I finalize the car by picking a colour, no option to sell it.

On the plus side though if I do sell it in buy mode I still get the money for it so it's really one more step for me.

#8 18-05-2011
Selling a car in buy mode also works WITHOUT my mod, so that means nothing. Also, after finishing the car, usually, you do have to wait a few seconds before opening the menu...

But if that doesn't work, I'd like you to try something else: make a backup of your hood, then remove all mods EXCEPT the sellable cars mod, and THEN restore a car. Let me know what happens.

Sorry, that is a members only option