Still Stuck in 800x600 after fixes (Win 10)
#11 30-04-2020 
Thank you, @Denise. No, at first glance you didn't goof it up. But I'm gonna submit the file to a more in-depth examination, to see if some conditional rule disturbs the textureMemory setting.
You'll hear back from me when I'm done Smile

ADDED: Ok, now I'm completely baffled. From what I see, after you edited the Graphics Rule file, as soon as you tried to run the game, it should automatically have updated the Texture Memory line in the config-log. But it has not done that.

I'm sorry, but at the moment I have absolutely no idea what's going on or how to fix it... Sad

#12 30-04-2020 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil ah man, that's too bad Sad Guess I'll just have to play in a small res, on the bright side it runs really stable! lol

Seriously though thank you for your efforts to help me out, you're the bomb! Smile

#13 30-04-2020 
@BoilingOil - It has to do with a version check that has been removed. So older software just spits out the latest it knows as it no longer can verify with the OS what version. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Denise - Looking at your original graphics rule, you only changed the max width/height and not the default. So for some reason your game is defaulting to low/medium/low. Based on your dxDiag, I see no reason why you cannot run the game at a higher resolution. Maybe not 1920x1080, techpower suggest gaming at 1280x720. It looks as though your graphics shares system memory, so that 8Gb is for both the cpu and the gpu to use.

Try changing the max width/height and the default for low, MediumButDefaultLow, and medium to 1280x720.
And then change in line 30-ish, seti Low to 2, the same as medium.
seti Low 1
seti Medium 2
seti High 3

#14 01-05-2020 
  • Registered
@HugeLunatic: Still stuck in 800x600 only Sad Ugh, this is so irritating! haha.

One thing I totally neglected to mention too is that prior to me (very regrettably) using GRM is that I was able to play in a perfect res! I can't recall the dimensions now, as it's been awhile since I first had this issue, but it was totally perfect. I used GRM to improve the textures in my game, as I had the flat blue water, jagged world edges, and the low frame rates on certain lots - mainly community lots.

Thanks for trying to help, I think GRM might have just totally ruined everything Rolleyes lol

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option