Problem UC Win10 Crashing
#1 02-05-2020 
  • Registered
Hi,

I can't seem to start the Sims 2 UC without the program crashing. I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro. I'm receiving an error that says, " the application has crashed. The application will now terminate." I have attached the config file as advised. Thank you for looking into this issue.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-81QS8QL-config-log.txt (Size: 9.48 KB / Downloads: 342)

#2 02-05-2020 
Did you try deleting your caches?

#3 02-05-2020 
  • Registered
I didn't know how to clear the cache so I looked up this guide:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Ga...he%20Files

Upon navigating to my documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\ I only have two folders which are Logs & Teleport. I'm not sure what I should do from here because I don't have any caches.

#4 02-05-2020 
I really don't know much about helping with computer problems... but I do know, from looking at your config log, that your graphics card is <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> ...and there is help for that on here. Read through this forum: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21 - you'll find what you need to fix it. Good luck!

I also know not to use the Graphic Rules Maker with Win10. HL said there was a newer version of the GRM that works better with W10 - but I don't have that link. Do not use GRM unless someone else is helping you with it.

Have you played TS2 before? on this machine?

#5 04-05-2020 
  • Registered
It seems that I was able to find a solution after more research. Thank you for attempting to help with this issue.

#6 04-05-2020 
Maybe you could share the solution for others who might have issues?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option