Resolution Stuck At 800X600 - Windows 7
#1 04-05-2020 
  • Registered
Hi, I read a lot of the posts regarding this situation but I can't seem to get my game to offer me any resolution outside of 800x600. It's odd because I had it set perfectly when I got this new computer last February. All was well until I was unable to play my game for the last 3 months. I went to play today and that's what I found - the resolution problem. I have made no changes to my computer or game in that time - I just wasn't able to play because of life stuff happening.
I don't know what to do. I've been watching videos and reading posts everywhere and I can't seem to find a way to fix this.
I play with discs and have Windows 7. Have any advice for me? I'm so frustrated as what I should do.
Thanks in advance.

Edit - I attached a copy of my config-log and also my computer info is :
Intel ® Xeon ® CPU A3680 @ 3.33 GHz
24.0 GB
64-bit

Attached File(s)
.txt  TIME-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 292)
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020 03:05 PM by Shaye.)

#2 04-05-2020 
I wonder if the limited texture memory is keeping the resolution tiny. Try editing your graphics rules.sgr and add seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0 around line 45, just after seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0.

#3 04-05-2020 
  • Registered
Thank you HugeLunatic. You want me to add seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0 and have it in the graphics rules.sgr twice?
I'm sorry, just a bit confused. But I'll try it if it will help!

#4 05-05-2020 
Oh dear, I'm so sorry I typo'd. Add seti textureMemory 4096 right after seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0.

#5 05-05-2020 
  • Registered
Thanks for clarifying that HugeLunatic but unfortunately it didn't work.

Here is how it looks in the file.
Did I add it correctly?

seti cpuLevelHigh 2800
seti cpuLevelMedium 2200
seti cpuLevelLow 1450
log $logGroup $logLevelInfo "Setting cpu level for non-Vista."
endif

seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0

seti textureMemory 4096

##################################

#6 06-05-2020 
  • Registered
So, I've been trying to fix this all day - even did a system restore but that didn't help. As a matter of fact it caused Chrome to go down on me and now I'm using Foxfire.
And that's fine but it makes me wonder if something is really wrong with my computer. It seems to be okay and no other issues.

But if I can't find a fix for this resolution problem am I faced with having to re-load my game again? I play with discs on Windows 7.
Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option