Help! Can't play game from no-cd file
#1 12-05-2020 
  • Registered
Hello everyone!

So I just joined this site because I am trying to play The Sims 2 and not having any luck. I tried to use the information I found on this site but I think I'm missing something because I can't get it to work.

I have the original Sims 2 game but I am missing the first disc. I have all the other discs and many expansion packs but just don't have that one oh so necessary piece! I want to install The Sims 2 on my brand new desktop computer. My old computer died so I do not have any files from previous games.

I found a crack no-cd thing from this site here: http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7800

I downloaded it but when I double click on it I just get a little window with a red x on it.

Is there something else I need to do first because my computer is on Windows 10? I tried changing compatibility mode but that didn't seem to work or I just did it wrong.

I have a 64-bit operating system, it uses Windows 10 and 8.00 GB of RAM, if that helps.

Oh, and when I go to the Logs Folder in the My Document thing it's empty.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option