Sims 2 Direct X Error
#1 22-05-2020 
  • Registered
Hi,
Can anyone help me with the following error? I recently got a new laptop and installed the Sims 2 but no matter what I so I can't bypass the error. I have tried the Graphic Rule Maker, as well as editing the .srg files. Running Windows 10 x64. Logs attached. Thank you in advance.
---------------------------
The Sims™ 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff
Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.
OK

#2 08-06-2020 
Try installing managed direct x, aka directx 9c, from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpe/f...ectX%209c/

#3 08-06-2020 
Hi, @suncmcb,

Since you didn't bother to read the instructions below on what to do when asking for help, we have none of the information that we actually NEED to help you properly.
As a result, there will not soon be any useful answers. @HugeLunatic's suggestion may help, but only if the Windows version you use, supports DX9. Windows 10 does NOT! You can try, but I predict that it will not work.

And if you are serious about wanting further help, you will HAVE to provide us proper information!

Good luck

#4 09-06-2020 
What I linked does work with windows 10, it's required for simpe to work with meshes. I'm just not sure it satisfies the games requirement of direct x9c, even though that's exactly what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 09-06-2020 
@HugeLunatic that's quite unexpected, because the official DX9 as available from Microsoft itself, will NOT install on Windows 10 systems. Especially if a newer version - like 11 or 12 - is already installed, one can forget about installing ANY older version.

I suspect that the linked version only installs because Win10 does no longer recognize it as a proper version of DirectX. If that is the case, then it might indeed NOT satisfy the game's requirements. But let's just hope that it does. I have not much faith in it, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option