windows 10 acer lag, sims 2.
#1 28-07-2020 
  • Registered
Hi, so my laptop / set up is a little weird cause im kinda ghetto and lazy and waiting until i move out to bulk up my pc / get a new one. i'm also not very tech savvy, at least with messing with my computer and my games.
Acer aspire es 15 / ES1-531-P2B3

my sims 2 is UC from origin.

windows 10, not post windows 8 install but installed on the computer already.

I've also had a laptop that ran sims fine, dell aspire i believe, but it broke so i had to take the hard drive out and replaced the hard drive in my acer with it so i could take my sims with me easily without having to do too much, i know, im really lazy.

I also have over 12 GB of cc that im really clung too and want in my game, my game ran really smooth one time when i was messing with the game and going through the foums on here so i know that cc isn't really the problem, or at least i think, i also never really have more than 4 sims on a lot in a family.

i have the 4 gb patch.

i have the securom removed, but i updated my sims 2 game on origin so i dont know if the removed securom on that interferes with the program removing it.

I also have the graphics rules maker and played around with it a few times and it did something once, but i forgot the settings, and once i messed with it i never got it to be able to run like how it did one time. (when i was messing with my game i got it to run smoothly, like super smooth on my lot thats filled with a lot of cc and objects and had the max amount of stories + a garage + a gazebo + a pool walled in with the gardening walls.)

I have also done the -1 thing in the properties for the dual core things, i dont remember what it was, sorry if I seem really bad at this, my memory is really bad from drug use so i tend to forget what i do to my game alot and never make backups, i know it's really bad.

so, my game is weird sometimes, but it takes over 40 minutes to load up sims, and the loading screens take FOREVER, like over 6 minutes, sometimes over 10. when i load into a neighborhood its like 1fps and then once it loads in its usually fine, just laggy and have to move the camera around to get it used to the houses, and loading into CAS is totally fine and smooth as a whistle and never lags. But once i load into my game its a totally different story, it used to be unplayable, but now the lag has come down to minimum for the most part, but its still pretty damn bad, and once i move the camera from the lot to an edge of the lot with no structures or anything it runs smooth as a whistle, but whenever i look at the house or play, it lags really really bad, and it lags horribly when i load into public lots, even lots without any cc or barely any sims.

I also usually mess with the graphics settings in game, but I'd really like to be able to play the game in high res / however high I'm able to run it without eliminating things that make the game nice to play graphics wise.

my game never crashes ever, only when i load into lots with a huge. huge. huge amount of CC.

i know the acer aspire es 15 isn't exactly a gaming laptop, but i know it's probably more than capable to run sims 2 at least nicely considering the computers it was supposed to be ran on, but maybe im completely wrong, idk I want to come here and see if there's anything i can do to fix this.

my config log:
Log generated on 7/27/2020, 16:45

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.2
CPU: 2240Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 3924MB
Free memory: 1500MB
User: blank
Computer: DESKTOP-HLAETOC
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics Rules Maker Configuration ===
Force texture memory: 3002 Mb
Disable Texture Memory Estimate Adjustment: Yes
Enable Driver Memory Manager: Yes
Disable Sims Shadows: No
Radeon HD7000 fix: No
Intel High Quality: Yes
Intel V-Sync: Yes
Default Resolution: 1366x768
Maximum Resolution: 1366x768
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel® HD Graphics
Name (database): Intel® HD Graphics
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 22b1, Board: 10121025, Chipset: 0035
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 20.19.15.5070, GUID: D7B78E66-61F1-11CF-5B60-1D3089C2D935
Driver version: 5070
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.782383, 16:9
Screen mode: 1366x768x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 3002MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

Device properties
-----------------
boolProp useRenderTextures false
uintProp antialiasingSupport 1
boolProp dontMergeNHFlora true
boolProp disableTexMemEstimateAdjustment true
boolProp enableDriverMemoryManager true
boolProp vs2LoopsFunctional false
boolProp presentWorkaround false
boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels true
boolProp disableVSyncSupport false
uintProp deviceLocalVideoMemorySizeDefault 3147825152
boolProp activeDeviceUseSoftwareRasterizer false
uintProp configParserErrorCode 0
uintProp hwMajorPSVersion 3

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option