sims2 #1
With this mod, the Compost bin will now hold 50 units in stead of 30, the rate at which trash is composted has been lowered by 25%, and Compost can now be sold for §5 per unit (§7 if the active sim is a member of the Garden Club). Additionally, the bin's contents will now be shown in the pie menu. Enjoy!

Update, April 6th, 2012: After finding and installing Monique's Auto Tending Compost mod, I found that the original customization wasn't enough anymore; trash stacks up so fast, that you need more capacity, and faster processing. So now there's also a "x2" version, which holds double the amount, and works twice as fast. This new bin holds 100 units, and converts a unit of trash to compost once every 4 hours.

NOTE: You can have only one of these mods in your downloads folder; they both change the same files to alter the properties of the original Maxis Compost Bin, so they conflict with eachother.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Customized Compost Bin Screenshot BO - Customized Compost Bin Screenshot    
Download link
Filesize 2.52 KB | File Name BO - Customized Compost Bin.zip | # of Downloads 549  
Filesize 2.52 KB | File Name BO - Customized Compost Bin x2.zip | # of Downloads 1,201  

Comments
#5 29-07-2011
I have wanted a mod to sell compost for awhile now. And I've found it! And it's great that the quantity is shown on the menu. Thanks so much.

#6 30-07-2011
Quote:And it's great that the quantity is shown on the menu.

Always drives me crazy trying to figure out how much is in the compost bin.

BO baby you are the best, this is going to be so useful, thank you. HeartHeart

#7 30-07-2011
Yea, this is one of those mods that are SO useful and so logical it amazes me its not in the game as default.

#8 29-10-2011
This is fantastic, thanks BO. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option